• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Providence program destroys children’s toy guns

i've got two of these that were my dads from when he was a kid... But OH MY GOD!!! IT LOOKS LIKE A GUN AND EVEN HAS BULLETS!?!?!?! i better march right down there and throw them into the "bash-O-Matic" lol

ricoshaygun.jpg

I got my six yr. old an airsoft ar and two revolver cap guns for christmas.I think I should return them and sell my daughters .22 so that they can be oblivious to firearms & firearm safety.[rolleyes]

I remember the good old days when Megatron used to be a Walther P38, not a damn plane. I still have him, my kids would at best get expelled, at worst get shot by the cops if I let them have it. I used to take him and Optimus to school all the time.

I remember the days when we could take toy guns to school and we'd play "army" or cowboys and indians every recess...

"Some children were not thrilled with the trade.

Malik Hall, a round-eyed second-grader, looked apprehensive as he stood in line with his favorite toy, a thick, blue gun with plastic sword underneath the muzzle. The 8-year-old was furious when his mother, Amanda, told him he would have to give it up. Yesterday morning, he tried to hide it under his pillow, she said."

Nice!

I remember the days when we could take toy guns to school and we'd play "army" or cowboys and indians every recess...

it's rediculous now, my fiance is a speech pathologist with a school system and she likes to give prizes to the kids (stickers, pencils, etc). So whenever were are at target she usually checks the dollar isle for new stuff, and one day i see some bags of army men, so i say "lets grab these, the boys will like em" but aparently they are a no no in school... because they have guns.... sigh

plastic-army-men-742187.jpg

Ardella Powell, 28, who came with her four children, said she wants to see the guns destroyed because it helps her cope with the violent death of the father of her 11-year-old son. The man was gunned down in 2003.

“I tell them that this is for a good cause,’’ she said. “It’s not just for a toy.’’

...so if you destroy your toy guns, one of your dads will come back? Certainly sounds like a good cause- let's solve issues caused by a serious lack of family structure and parenting with a feelgood media show.

Love the comments. In these types of stories they're often the only thing that gives me hope that the whole world hasn't lost its mind.

As for me, I am bringing my son down, with his least favorite toy gun, to have it bashed as lesson in what a dictatorship will do to his freedoms.

God bless you, globeisatrocious, wherever you are.

Back
Top Bottom