Providence pass resolution to ban all semiautomatic guns!

They also forgot revolvers.

The ban calls for a ban of guns "that fires, extracts, ejects, and reloads once for each pull and release of the trigger".

No one stopped to realise that you'll just have a bunch of people buying .38 snubbies, Webleys, and S&Ws.

I'm not saying they should include them, but the language and purpose of the resolution is just sad.

I don't think they "forgot" them. They are still doing exactly what they intend to do, which is for the police to have a better weapon advantage over us peasants while still saying, "We don't want to infringe on your rights. We just don't think there is a need for you to have that type of weapon".

I think they want people to ONLY use revolvers and no semi automatic firearms since it appears to me that they now have group all semi automatic firearms together with "Assault Weapons".
They also say that they do not want to restrict the the ownership or use of conventional single action firearms. The 1911 is single action and has been around for over 100 years, so I guess we can keep those...

I think they want people to ONLY use revolvers and no semi automatic firearms since it appears to me that they now have group all semi automatic firearms together with "Assault Weapons".
They also say that they do not want to restrict the the ownership or use of conventional single action firearms. The 1911 is single action and has been around for over 100 years, so I guess we can keep those...

If you look at the definition they use of a semi-auto, the M1911 is included. So is a semi-auto trap or skeet gun. If it fires, extracts, ejects, and reloads with a trigger squeeze, its semi auto, and they want it banned. No mention of a 10-shot ban however.

I think they mean single action as in bolt action or break action. In a bolt action, the trigger does one thing. It releases the firing pin, and the shooter is responsible for the ejection and reloading. And in break actions, you have to open the gun.

The M1911 is single action, and they do "forgive" the single action. But its a semi auto. So I would say that they'd ban the M1911, along with EVERYTHING semi auto.

So the Providence police will be transitioning back to revolvers soon?

Sarcasm folks.

Think the police chief got a rocket from the patrol officers union? Don't think they'd be too happen to downgrade to revolvers (no disrespect to all you revolver guys out there!).

How long would it take from now 1/9/13 to get this law passed? IF THEY WERE TOO??

I'm asking because I have a AR on layaway and its due next week...Trying to hold off until next Friday if possible

How long would it take from now 1/9/13 to get this law passed? IF THEY WERE TOO??

I'm asking because I have a AR on layaway and its due next week...Trying to hold off until next Friday if possible

I wouldn't worry about your AR. This is DOA due to the Police having no exception in the resolution. But the Asian gangs in my area were selling their semis just in case so they could have legal weapons at their next shootout.

Dave

The resolution doesn't have any legality, it just says what they would like to do. However, it does ask a bill (S2573) to be re-introduced that will take away State Preemption and let the cities create their own guns laws. This will not happen since even the AG is against it.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Rhode Island's Congressional delegation is working to help reduce gun violence in the wake of the recent tragic school shooting.

Senators Jack Reed and Sheldon Whitehouse and Representatives Jim Langevin and David Cicilline will hold a news conference Friday morning at Federal Court.

Story continues below

The delegation is expected to discuss banning military assault weapons, limiting access to ammunition clips and strengthening background checks required to purchase a gun.

PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Rhode Island's Congressional delegation is working to help reduce gun violence in the wake of the recent tragic school shooting.

Senators Jack Reed and Sheldon Whitehouse and Representatives Jim Langevin and David Cicilline will hold a news conference Friday morning at Federal Court.

Story continues below

The delegation is expected to discuss banning military assault weapons, limiting access to ammunition clips and strengthening background checks required to purchase a gun.
Maybe the Feds should do their job keeping guns out of the hands of criminals and not let the guns walk like in Fast and Furious!

Back
Top Bottom