• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Providence CCW - should I even bother?

Any Providence resident have any experience getting a CCW permit? I would like to obtain one, but I'm wondering if I should even bother going though the the expense and time of the application process if I'm just going to be turned down.

Any Providence resident have any experience getting a CCW permit? I would like to obtain one, but I'm wondering if I should even bother going though the the expense and time of the application process if I'm just going to be turned down.
I assume you are applying as a resident, expect to live there for quite some time?

Go for it.

Looks like the $250 (for 4 years) is due when approved. I could live with that if I was going to be living in Providence for at least 4 years.

In my case, I was in Providence for about a year, and at the time I decided that applying wasn't worth it. I had heard that they automatic denied all first time applicants. Between knowing I was not staying and having to explain the denial on every future application in every other state where I wanted a permit, I decided to live with the limited possession rights allowed by state law.

Is CRAL-RI still active? Their forums look dead.

Friend of mine at work has one... Not related to any Providence city councilor nor state Pol etc.....and he's a young Bro who looks (a lot) like Notorious B.I.G....complete with the bling etc, so you never know. Plus, everyone who wants a LTC in a city/town/state that's tough on issuing and DOESN'T apply for one is giving in to their tyrannical "Let's just make it so difficult that they'll just get lost" gun-control schemes...
(not that they actually do anything sneaky and conniving like that though, I'm sure...)

Yes, you should apply in Providence if you would like a CCW and meet the statutory requirements. They are issuing permits and I have heard the experience with the PPD has been mostly good (with the exception of the permit fee).

Friend of mine at work has one... Not related to any Providence city councilor nor state Pol etc.....and he's a young Bro who looks (a lot) like Notorious B.I.G....complete with the bling etc, so you never know. Plus, everyone who wants a LTC in a city/town/state that's tough on issuing and DOESN'T apply for one is giving in to their tyrannical "Let's just make it so difficult that they'll just get lost" gun-control schemes...
(not that they actually do anything sneaky and conniving like that though, I'm sure...)

I wonder what Biggie used for his "proper reason" for wanting one.

Thanks for all the info guys, I'm going to go for it and see what happens. They really should have no reason to deny my application.

Back
Top Bottom