• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Providence area club recommendation

Hi, I've recently moved to the Providence area and have gotten back into shooting. Can anyone recommend a club with decent indoor and outdoor facilities that is currently accepting members?

Thanks!

Tiverton has indoor and outdoor and is accepting new members but it is a good 30 mins from providence.

Tiverton, some will take issue with driving through MA but as long as you comply with FOPA it isn't an issue.

Newer indoor and outdoor ranges:

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of shooting do you like? Tiverton has the most state of the art indoor and outdoor ranges, but the rules are pretty strict. No drawing from the holster and no "rapid" fire. If you are into Action/Practical shooting Wallum Lake is better for you. There is also a range in East Providence that allows Action/Practical shooting, but I don't know which club it is. They also have a lot of nice Trap fields if you are into that. I'd recommend checking out the various websites and see what they offer. You will probably be a little limited since many clubs don't accept new members.

Thanks for the info so far guys.

I'm looking to do some action and steel pistol, plus some 100-200 yard distance rifle. I'm asking here because most clubs don't seem to have decent (or any) web presence or have very little info. You're right about the new member thing; the club in Lincoln looks great and is close by, but they are currently not accepting applications. I've been going to Mid-state Gun Co. to get some range time in, but range time there is quickly adding up $$, they don't allow reman ammo, and have pretty limited hours.

Wallum Lake is THE club for steel. Walls of steel . Com. The club has a brand new indoor range, multiple outdoor , trap, skeet, steel, 200 yrd... They have it.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

The range in East Providence is Massasoit I think. It has some interesting members...

Wallum Lake ticks all your boxes and should be at least as close as Midstate. Their new indoor range is supposed to be the best in the area. Shooting a Sunday steel match (open to the public) is a good way to get a chance to check out the club.

Just checked out midstate in Coventry and pine ridge in Exeter. Nice little shop/ranges with pine ridge seaming to be more set up for high end and midstate being more comfortable for normal people...

Just checked out midstate in Coventry and pine ridge in Exeter. Nice little shop/ranges with pine ridge seaming to be more set up for high end and midstate being more comfortable for normal people...

One more public (ie: non-club) range to check out in RI, if you haven't done so already. Sakonnet River Outfitters in Tiverton has a rental range facility which is said to be pretty nice.

Strange how RI has gone from having NO rental ranges three years ago to having three now.

Back
Top Bottom