Proud Dad Day

• Thread starter Deleted member 12999
  • Start date
That’s great!

nicely done! Especially for his first IDPA match. Definitely looks like he’s not new to shooting.

I wish my dad was into pistol shooting and got me into it when I was a kid. I’m only 30 but it makes me look forward to when I have a kid, I can start them young and go to matches together.

He almost beat me on 2 stages.... It's like when your boy can beat you 1:1 on the basketball court.... But way cooler.

LOL - He could have beaten me at basketball when he was 12. [laugh]

I bought a dueling tree a few years ago. It really changed our range trips. Nothing like a little competition to bring out the best in us. I always think... " I wouldn't want him shooting at me"

LOL - He could have beaten me at basketball when he was 12. [laugh]

I bought a dueling tree a few years ago. It really changed our range trips. Nothing like a little competition to bring out the best in us. I always think... " I wouldn't want him shooting at me"

I definitely don't want Aaron shooting at me... More than i can say for some of my co-workers

Wait till he starts kicking your ass at the gym. He sent me a text last night. " New max on bench press 275lbs".
I haven't tried to find my max on the bench in a long time but know I better bring new underwear if I go for anything close to 250.

The two thoughts I had were " Damn, at 17 he is officially stronger than me" and " I will never lift another couch or move furniture again"

When I was a high school senior they put a huge emphasis on strength training and we lived in the gym. I was one of three kids in the 300 club, but the other two kids were shorter and had shorter arms, so I used to tell them it was easier for them. [laugh]

Wait till he starts kicking your ass at the gym. He sent me a text last night. " New max on bench press 275lbs".
I haven't tried to find my max on the bench in a long time but know I better bring new underwear if I go for anything close to 250.

The two thoughts I had were " Damn, at 17 he is officially stronger than me" and " I will never lift another couch or move furniture again"

When I was a high school senior they put a huge emphasis on strength training and we lived in the gym. I was one of three kids in the 300 club, but the other two kids were shorter and had shorter arms, so I used to tell them it was easier for them. [laugh]

A couple years ago my son and I were out doing some football stuff. Any time we go out, I have him finish with a 40 yard dash. I told him to line up, and I got a long sigh. It was hot and we had been working pretty hard. I told him I'd line up with him, that we'd do the full 100 yards and that "I'm going to smoke your ass!!" I was pretty confident in that statement. I run about 20 miles a week, lots of speed work etc. Well, I'm not sure at what point it was, but I thought to myself, while running "Am I really running as hard as I can?!" I was, and suffice to say I didn't smoke his ass!! He was 11 years old at the time!

Recently we were messing around about how he's almost as tall as me, which isn't much in height for me, but for a 13 year old is pretty good. I replied "Just remember, I can still kick your ass!" We started rough housing, and I realized that might not be true either!!

Recently we were messing around about how he's almost as tall as me, which isn't much in height for me, but for a 13 year old is pretty good. I replied "Just remember, I can still kick your ass!" We started rough housing, and I realized that might not be true either!!

It's those friggin Flintstone vitamins and all the steroids in the meat!
A few years ago when my son was feeling froggy he wanted to trade punches. You know, shot to the flexed arm or shoulder, tough guy kid stuff.Well, I can really swat. Dad was a boxer and taught us right, from the day we were old enough to walk, and we always had a heavy bag and a speed bag. And I am a big guy.
Well there is no friggin way I was gonna really hit the kid, but I was curious to see how hard he could hit. I am thinking pfffft, he is a 15 year old kid. I weigh 250lbs, have a bunch of experience, been doing shit like splitting wood, swinging a hammer for 40 years. I am still pretty rugged.
Holy cow. He hit me.. and it felt like someone nailed me with a 16lb sledge. In my head, I am thinking WTF! When did that happen?
But, he grew up with the heavy bag too. And knows how to really throw a punch, good foot work, get your weight behind it, punch through the target blah blah blah, been showing him for years. There was a brief moment, when he squared up. and planted his feet just right, when I thought. "this might be a mistake...." lol.
So I told him it was a pretty good shot, and spent the next day barely able to lift my arm. Friggin kids...lol

Haha, isn't it true. I chalked it up to the fact that he had cleats on and I had running shoes. I convinced myself that was the case. You know the whole "If you tell the lie enough, you believe it yourself" routine. Well, eventually I bought cleats for myself. I'm always working with him, running football routes as his receiver, etc and definitely needed them. Got the challenge for a race. He smoked me even more with my cleats on, haha!!

Oh, I almost forgot, he broke his nose at six years old, so this was all with a deviated septum. One side blocked 100%!! He just had surgery in September to repair it, so going forward, I'm toast!!

And to the OP, sorry for derailing your post. That's great stuff with your son.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom