Protests erupt in Omaha after police fatally shoot Black man during traffic stop

Reptile

NES Member
Omaha police shot and killed Kenneth Jones, 35, during a traffic stop on Thursday night.
Protests erupted in Omaha, Nebraska on Friday and Saturday after city police fatally shot a Black man.

Omaha police killed Kenneth Jones, 35, on Thursday night while responding to a traffic stop.

Police spotted a car with four people inside stopped in the middle of the road without its hazard lights on, they said in statements on Friday and Saturday. The two officers involved in the stop, Dan Faulkner and Richard Martier, instructed all the people in the vehicle to put their hands up, police said, citing interviews with the officers and body camera footage not reviewed by NBC News. The officers made the command as they walked to the vehicle.

Faulkner and Martier could not immediately be reached for comment on Sunday.

Omaha police said in a Friday statement that the other three passengers complied with the order, but Jones did not, and the officers then used a flashlight to break the car window and open the door closest to Jones, who was not driving. Police said footage shows the two officers “struggling” to get Jones out of the car. During the struggle, police claim to have seen a gun on Jones, and fired four shots at him. Police did not specify which officer fired the fatal shots, and said they would be providing more details at a Monday press conference. Police said the officers involved in the incident found a gun “directly underneath” Jones after they shot him.

Police said after shooting Jones, the officers “yelled for him to show his hands,” even though he had fallen to the ground from the shots. Jones was brought to the University of Nebraska Medical Center, where he died.

Saw a car in the middle of the road with it's hazards on, ordered everyone to put their hands up? That's some quick escalation. I probably would have gone with "hey man, what's wrong with your car? You broke down? You need a tow?" But that's just me. I'm sure there's more to it than that. Probably.

Saw a car in the middle of the road with it's hazards on, ordered everyone to put their hands up? That's some quick escalation. I probably would have gone with "hey man, what's wrong with your car? You broke down? You need a tow?" But that's just me. I'm sure there's more to it than that. Probably.

read again, the car was stopped without its hazzards on. they may have recognized the car from some other issue or maybe suspicions were raised due to no hazzards on

Clearly the dead boob did not think this though.

He knew he would get busted with the gun on a good day.

His brain did not realize that pulling a gun on a cop to get out of a gun charge was not a wise choice.

Maybe they will burn down that city, next.

perhaps my ignorant way of thinking but I have a feeling this isn't going to go well for Burn, Loot, Murder like it would in freeattle.

Hold on, gonna grab my popcorn and get ready for 2a supporters to applaud the shooting of this man over his possession of a gun. The mental gymnastics will make up for loss of the olympics this year.

Omaha police shot and killed Kenneth Jones, 35, during a traffic stop on Thursday night.
Protests erupted in Omaha, Nebraska on Friday and Saturday after city police fatally shot a Black man.

Omaha police killed Kenneth Jones, 35, on Thursday night while responding to a traffic stop.

Police spotted a car with four people inside stopped in the middle of the road without its hazard lights on, they said in statements on Friday and Saturday. The two officers involved in the stop, Dan Faulkner and Richard Martier, instructed all the people in the vehicle to put their hands up, police said, citing interviews with the officers and body camera footage not reviewed by NBC News. The officers made the command as they walked to the vehicle.

Faulkner and Martier could not immediately be reached for comment on Sunday.

Omaha police said in a Friday statement that the other three passengers complied with the order, but Jones did not, and the officers then used a flashlight to break the car window and open the door closest to Jones, who was not driving. Police said footage shows the two officers “struggling” to get Jones out of the car. During the struggle, police claim to have seen a gun on Jones, and fired four shots at him. Police did not specify which officer fired the fatal shots, and said they would be providing more details at a Monday press conference. Police said the officers involved in the incident found a gun “directly underneath” Jones after they shot him.

Police said after shooting Jones, the officers “yelled for him to show his hands,” even though he had fallen to the ground from the shots. Jones was brought to the University of Nebraska Medical Center, where he died.

NBC? Blah blah dooda

i used to have a naive notion of the middle states as being quaint and mayberry RFDish.
i have even driven thru many of them and found them to be quaint and Mayberry RFDish.
but damn, something went on the last two years or so....lefty kook violent factions came out of the woodwork. Ohio, Wisconsin.....what the heck is going on in middle america?

Seems like the "racist police brutality" is taking on a similar sort of convenient pattern for the Left-wing Statist media as "mass shootings".

They will get what they want by causing the things that they condemn to happen over and over again.

i used to have a naive notion of the middle states as being quaint and mayberry RFDish.
i have even driven thru many of them and found them to be quaint and Mayberry RFDish.
but damn, something went on the last two years or so....lefty kook violent factions came out of the woodwork. Ohio, Wisconsin.....what the heck is going on in middle america?
Universities rife with Marxism, Chicago metastisizing, internet gives people the ability to connect with like minded people a lot easier than in the past.

Would anybody even NOTICE?

How do you know Chicago didn't have riots over the weekend?

You've got it backwards. You think there might be riots but they didn't televise them.

I think that they don't have riots UNLESS they have some sort of news coverage.

Thinkabouuuudddiittt!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom