• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Protected by Smith & Wesson"

Had a friend do that. Then try and give me a pat-down in front of people I didnt know. That didn't go over well with me.

It is highly doubtful that I would regard the individual who tired to pat me down as my friend anymore. That would be a relationship breaker...it's nobody's damn business (including my spouse's) whether I am carrying or not. The only exception being in a situation where the legality of carrying is an issue such as schools, airports, court houses etc. or in those states where signage is binding and the question is being asked by a lawful authority in the execution of his/her lawful duties and that doesn't mean friends or spouses. In other words MYOB... concealed means concealed.

It happened once, and he had been drinking, so I let it slide with a "next time you try that sh!t I'm going to break your nose, clear?" But even then, I was extremely pissed. I wasn't drinking, and I wasn't carrying, and it was played off as "Dude, stop groping me"...

This is another sticker that would be unwise to put on your house. Calling 911 should be your first action. The 1911 should be used only if absolutely necessary. This sticker implies that you want to take the law into your own hands. I know it's meant to be a joke, but it won't be so funny when you are charged with homocide.

Jesse Cohen?? Is it you, is it really you? Glad to see your back. I admired your past generosity as you paid for quite a few NES membership and how you gave free advice.

Jesse Cohen?? Is it you, is it really you? Glad to see your back. I admired your past generosity as you paid for quite a few NES membership and how you gave free advice.

Yes it's me. Thanks for the kind words. It's good to be back.

I always present several of the more interesting stickers out there such as "We Don't call 911" or Trespassers Will be Shot," or "Insured by Smith&Wesson."

Right afterwards I present this pic:
handcuffs.jpg

And ask:

Still funny?
Don't give Prosecutors and potential litigants a reason to make you look like you were just ITCHING to kill someone!

The stickers serve zero defensive purpose and give a potential litigant or prosecutor something concrete to show to a jury. DON'T publicly show them!

My wife has never asked me if I am carrying. She knows, and she knows not to talk about it. The only time it really ever comes up is if she is carrying the gun I wanted to carry.

The conversation usually goes something like this. " You bitch, I was going to carry the PM9" and she responds with " You said that you bought it for me". Then I walk away muttering to myself that I need to buy another one of these, while I go and pick out a different holster.

As far as the stickers go, I don't think they are a good idea. No one needs to know. About a year ago my new neighbor saw me and my son loading up for a range trip and asked about the rifle cases. His house is about 400 feet away. I told him it was a saxophone and that we both play. He knew I was FOS but he has not asked since

Call me paranoid but I don't like the fact that the cashier at Wal-Mart gets to see where I live when I am buying ammo.

I cover my address with my thumb and don't let go of my LTC when I show it.

None of my clothing has visible logos or brand names.

All of my clothing is reversible, with a different design/color on the inside.

I grow a beard, then shave it midday and turn my outer clothing inside out while in the restroom at Wal-Mart.

I removed the dealer stickers on my truck so people wouldn't know where it originated.

I removed the "Chevy" emblems (or were they "Dodge" ...or "Ford"....) so non-car-savvy people would not be able to identify the vehicle while it is moving.

I repainted the vehicle grey so it would blend in most anywhere.

The truck cap, trailer hitch, roof racks window tint, tonneau cover, spoiler, CB antennas, studded snow tires, hood ornament, fender skirts, hubcaps, push bar, and plow lights are removed randomly, each day at random times, in random order, then replaced so it appears that I drive 6,227,020,800 different vehicles. Yes, I did the math.

That is not even my dog in that photo to the left. And it's been PhotoShopped, anyhow.

No, you are not paranoid.

I cover my address with my thumb and don't let go of my LTC when I show it.

None of my clothing has visible logos or brand names.

All of my clothing is reversible, with a different design/color on the inside.

I grow a beard, then shave it midday and turn my outer clothing inside out while in the restroom at Wal-Mart.

I removed the dealer stickers on my truck so people wouldn't know where it originated.

I removed the "Chevy" emblems (or were they "Dodge" ...or "Ford"....) so non-car-savvy people would not be able to identify the vehicle while it is moving.

I repainted the vehicle grey so it would blend in most anywhere.

The truck cap, trailer hitch, roof racks window tint, tonneau cover, spoiler, CB antennas, studded snow tires, hood ornament, fender skirts, hubcaps, push bar, and plow lights are removed randomly, each day at random times, in random order, then replaced so it appears that I drive 6,227,020,800 different vehicles. Yes, I did the math.

That is not even my dog in that photo to the left. And it's been PhotoShopped, anyhow.

No, you are not paranoid.

This great--I'm goning to follow suit. Is that dog that is not yours part Chow?

I have a smith and wesson logo on the windscreen of my bike....but its usually covered at night and you have to look really close to see the SW logo - its a skull with a cowboy hat and 2 single action revolvers. Kind of looks neat on my ex-cop bike.

Back
Top Bottom