Protect and Serve? Nah. Generate revenue

I hear what you're saying but speed limits, IMO, are patent BS as currently set. Speed limits haven't been raised since the 60's and cars today are much safer and higher performing than they were then. The quality difference in tires alone is huge.

I hear what you're saying too, but since I feel that most gun laws are patently BS and do not accomplish their aim, should we simply ignore them? Are laws to be subject to an individual reasonability test? If so, I've got a lot more to do tomorrow than I had planned. [grin]

I don't know that I'd necessarily put a lot of faith in the Channel 5 News slant on this. After all, safety discussions don't increase viewership, but a scandal! There you go!

What if you have less faith in the turnpike authority than even the
mainstream media? IMO it's one of the most corrupt organizations in
the entire state.

-Mike

Here in MA, we've decided not to have real driver training, to have a ridiculously easy driving test, and to not enforce most traffic laws (except for speeding). So as I said, I don't think speed differential is the cause of the accidents; instead, the cause is all other stupid stuff people do on the roads.

It's not just MA, it's nationwide. IMO, MA drivers are actually relatively good about this compared drivers from most states (especially NH, sorry guys).

It's not just MA, it's nationwide. IMO, MA drivers are actually relatively good about this compared drivers from most states (especially NH, sorry guys).

Agreed. I've lived in IL, NY, VA, SC, and CA. The lack of training and discipline is nationwide.

Back
Top Bottom