Props to GOAL

All I have to say is: Every time I get an email from GOAL I am glad I am a member.

Almost every organization that I donate money to, I either forget about them or have no clue as to what they truly do with my money. To me it seems that GOAL is really an organization that purpose-driven and truly invested in the rights of gun owners.

Funny example: I donated money to the Flight 93 memorial fund. It's 2008. They still haven't built a memorial after collecting money for 7 years? I looked online and their projected gross cost is over 57 million dollars!!. I am ashamed my money has gone to them.

What I find reassuring is that when something happens in this community (gun related), soon thereafter I receive a GOAL email with information regarding that event and then what they are doing about it.

Most recently today, a free meeting to help gun clubs improve their facilities so that they don't find themselves in the unfortunate position of some of the other clubs in this state.

They are very reactive to current events.
They are active in the shooting community and I often see Jon Green at shooting events.

Props to GOAL.

If you aren't a member you should become one.
I have yet to donate money to an organization that I believe more in.

Assuming I am getting a bonus this year, I may make a larger contribution than I did initially and am somewhat ashamed that I did not give more to start with.

Even more: Unlike all the other organizations that I donate to (or used to donate to) I am NEVER pestered with junk mail asking for a dollar more.

Last edited:
All I have to say is: Every time I get an email from GOAL I am glad I am a member.

Almost every organization that I donate money to, I either forget about them or have no clue as to what they truly do with my money. To me it seems that GOAL is really an organization that purpose-driven and truly invested in the rights of gun owners.

Funny example: I donated money to the Flight 93 memorial fund. It's 2008. They still haven't built a memorial after collecting money for 7 years? I looked online and their projected gross cost is over 57 million dollars!!. I am ashamed my money has gone to them.

What I find reassuring is that when something happens in this community (gun related), soon thereafter I receive a GOAL email with information regarding that event and then what they are doing about it.

Most recently today, a free meeting to help gun clubs improve their facilities so that they don't find themselves in the unfortunate position of some of the other clubs in this state.

They are very reactive to current events.
They are active in the shooting community and I often see Jon Green at shooting events.

Props to GOAL.

If you aren't a member you should become one.
I have yet to donate money to an organization that I believe more in.

Assuming I am getting a bonus this year, I may make a larger contribution than I did initially and am somewhat ashamed that I did not give more to start with.

+10^100

I am glad I am a member.

Me too...

One thing I've been looking for however is an "easier" way to give GOAL a donation. Maybe it is that I'm a young techie guy and I want everything to be point and click but I think I've searched up and down for a way to donate online with a credit card or some other similar mechanism.

Am I just blind? or is mailing a check the best/only way to do this?

Thanks,
-Paul

Me too...

One thing I've been looking for however is an "easier" way to give GOAL a donation. Maybe it is that I'm a young techie guy and I want everything to be point and click but I think I've searched up and down for a way to donate online with a credit card or some other similar mechanism.

Am I just blind? or is mailing a check the best/only way to do this?

Thanks,
-Paul

If you want to donate your time to create that interface maybe they would be willing to take you up on that offer?

I think GOAL is a pretty small shop so I don't know if they have the resources to do that.

I could be wrong. Just my impression.

GOAL is worried about hackers and the security of online cc info, etc. and thus has not enabled online donations/payments. That info was said to me by a GOAL Staffer a few years ago.

I understand their position and respect it.

It's really not too difficult to pick up the phone and dial 508-393-5333 and make your donation/payment that way.

GOAL is worried about hackers and the security of online cc info, etc. and thus has not enabled online donations/payments. That info was said to me by a GOAL Staffer a few years ago.

It's really not too difficult to pick up the phone and dial 508-393-5333 and make your donation/payment that way.

Good points..

Maybe as an IT security professional this is another way I could help out. I'll drop them a line... (same offer goes for other members of this community in similar circumstances, online presence, security needs, send me a PM)

Anyway, back on topic... Yes, even as a newb, GOAL's goodness is obvious to me and they have my support financial and otherwise if possible.

Don't forget that this meeting isn't just about Ranges.

If you're an instuctor, there's going to be other things for you as well.

I would love to attend...but this is held on a Sunday.

And as I need money more than ever right now...Sunday's are time and a half so I can't afford to miss work...

But if I could, I would be at this in a heartbeat.

I'm doing GOAL's custom EPL program now (I know it's not called EPL, but it's roughly analogous to the NRA membership installment plan).

I only wish I could do more. Maybe pool in for a counter-Rosenthal billboard? More editorial submissions?

+1, Len... not to mention there are costs they'd have to pay for all the back end crap for processing CCs through a webserver, unless they found a
pro-gun vendor for it willing to discount, it's probably not worth doing.

I think that those who care to contribute to goal will not hesitate to drop them a phone call or use up a stamp. [grin]

-Mike

I set up my life member payment plan using my bank's online bill pay. They mail GOAL a check every month without me having to do anything.

Back
Top Bottom