Proposed amendments to NY SAFE act

they are planning to ban all ammo in NY. Thus is just the first step. If the safe act was so good why does it need to be amended?

Sounds like a job creation bill, drive to another state, load trunk with ammunition, sell in NY. They are trying to help entrepreneurs get a business off the ground.

From what I read in the article, I haven't dug into the amendments, but it states "twice the firearms capacity" not just 20rds specifically.. so revolver owners will be limited to 10, 12, 14, 16 or 18 rounds depending on model. I wonder how shops are going to tell who gets how much..

This is the kind of gleeful arrogance by antigun bigots which eventually is going to earn either a bench slap by SCotUS or an outright rebellion. I also fully expect Remington to tell NY to go f- themselves and move entirely down south as part of a bankruptcy reorganization.

It would be damn nice if upstate NY seceded from NY.
I believe part of western NY was trying to join Pennsylvania at one point so they could more easily allow fracking. You have to feel bad for people in rural parts of libtard states. It's irritating to have liberal urbanites dictate your future.

Sounds like a job creation bill, drive to another state, load trunk with ammunition, sell in NY. They are trying to help entrepreneurs get a business off the ground.

Indeed, then they can fund their next generation's political ambitions.

From what I read in the article, I haven't dug into the amendments, but it states "twice the firearms capacity" not just 20rds specifically.. so revolver owners will be limited to 10, 12, 14, 16 or 18 rounds depending on model. I wonder how shops are going to tell who gets how much..

Not difficult in NY, as every handgun you own must be listed on your license. So showing your license to the shop, they could determine how many pew pews you are entitled to. [puke]

From my experience, the majority of NYC residents couldn't care one way or another. They are pro-2A by any stretch of the imagination but I don't think they care enough to push for this type of BS. It's just the idiotic politicians that are trying to get brownie points for elections.

WTF??? How are you supposed to buy a box of shotgun shells if you're limited to 20 rounds??? Shit, what about a box of pistol-caliber range ammo?

This is f***ing moonbattery at its finest.

It would be damn nice if upstate NY seceded from NY.

I get a flyer from a company that sells large acreage tracts of land in upstate NY. I have visited a few of the plots for sale and though they are pretty and just what I'm looking for I fear the NY regulations, not just guns, but in general. I could never bring myself to pull the trigger on land in NYS. MA looks like paradise in comparison.

WTF??? How are you supposed to buy a box of shotgun shells if you're limited to 20 rounds??? Shit, what about a box of pistol-caliber range ammo?

This is f***ing moonbattery at its finest.

If you ask them that there will be one of two answers:

A) Oh? For Trap? That's fine, we will throw in "All limits exempted for activities in alignment with guidelines published by NSCA, NSSA, and ATA"

B) NY dealers will start selling "loosies" so those O/U shooters can start buying their 4 shells at a time.
loosies1.jpg

If you ask them that there will be one of two answers:

A) Oh? For Trap? That's fine, we will throw in "All limits exempted for activities in alignment with guidelines published by NSCA, NSSA, and ATA"

B) NY dealers will start selling "loosies" so those O/U shooters can start buying their 4 shells at a time.
loosies1.jpg

What NY's collective response should be: :emoji_middle_finger:

Time for people to start reloading.

a lot of reloading places don't want to ship to MA either, it's pain in the ass. I guess they will be selling powder in 80 grain baggies.

at this point, having a baggie of heroin and full auto AK in the backseat will carry less time (or more precisely none, just 2 year probation) vs staying legal.

They just won't ship anymore .just like with MA stuff .

Yup, and why would they want to if everything has to be packaged in boxes of 20, and the people there can only buy a box once every 3 months. That would amount to very few sales and no possibility of increasing sales in the future back to normal levels.

Back
Top Bottom