Proposal to come before Lexington Town Meeting

One would need to vote on the "indefinite postponement" motion first. Then, whether or not that motion passes (makes no difference to subsequent main motion), you can go on to the main motion and vote no.

The indef postponement only applies to that current session of course, in any event.

Nope, I've been a "town meeting member" for 41 years (open town meeting) and only missed a handful of nights. We only vote once. "Indefinite Postponement" is used to kill a proposal. Yes, it can be brought up at another town meeting on another date, but it has to go thru the same process all over again and most never even try the 2nd time.

Can you confirm that Feb 8 date? I was told that the article would be voted on at the annual meeting on 3/21.

I didn't think they would have a "special" town meeting and an annual town meeting so close to each other, but it looks like that's the norm. If this article is absent from the 2/8 Warrant, and gets on the annual town meeting warrant, there might be an additional possibility of changing the outcome with the annual town election, which is on 3/1. There should be some opportunity to get some pro-2A Lex people on the town meeting.

They're on to us... [rofl]

The gun issue....heads up
3 posts by 3 authors
elaine.ashton
Jan 5
Other recipients: [email protected]
I noticed on my twitter feed this morning that Lexington is on the radar of gun rights activists who seem much more able than our own residents at a) finding a listing of TMMs b) finding the precinct map c) knowing the date of the ATM in March. See http://www.goal.org/lexington-alert.html

So, if you start receiving email and phone calls from the pro-gun sorts, this is why. I wasn’t aware of it until yesterday.

Elaine

https://groups.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer#!topic/lextmma/Qx8hqGhEW9A

I'ts quite dubious that they truly think they could and SHOULD be able to do this completely under the radar...yup, because that's how a free democracy works..idiots.
god forbid those opposed get a voice in the matter.

Maybe we should vote "under the radar" to yank theses peoples rights to vote, own homes, have children, etc..let's see how they like it.

If this looks like it is going to go through, a motion should be made to move the minuteman statue to a place that deserves it.
And maybe rename the town.

Also do they plan to send the Lex police door to door to confiscate all of these newly banned item So?

Or maybe just have a big all at once turn in your banned items event?
Maybe on the green on or about Apr 19th?

Last edited:
Lexington was also the same town the tried to stop an American themed dance last year. A bunch of liberal fools in their bubble.

Lexington was the same town where I had the misfortune of being in a car accident as a kid. I was struck head on by an elderly driver and smashed my face in pretty good on the steering wheel. Not wearing a seatbelt was my fault, on me etc - and the local cop saw fit not only to give me a huge speech for this, but threatened to arrest me because I was swearing due to the pain.

Just spoke to the Lexington town clerk.

The warrant is being finalized, the citizen article from Rotberg will definitely be on the warrant.

They expect to publish it online in early February.

They have to mail a copy of the warrant to every resident with an in hand date at least 7 days before town meeting. They're targeting a two week "out front" date.

Yeah, Ill never forget the shithead - he saw that I was from Hyde Park and kept referring to me as a punk from Boston - this as I was bleeding profusely from the face and again, the accident was clearly NOT MY FAULT - but because I said "oh ****, my head" a few times, he saw fit to tell me "we don't talk that way in Lexington"

"Contempt of Cop" are some very serious charges!!

Stop talking about it and do something. Write. Inform others. Rally. Fight.

Nothing is going to happen if we're just talking, sitting still. Nothing.

let's keep this on topic.

Stopping a group of anti Second Amendment individuals from banning guns in Lexington.

Has the COP weighed in on this? There are two major highways going through Lexington, will anyone passing through be an automatic felon? God forbid you break down on Rt 2 or Rt 95 on your way to the range with a scary black rifle in the car. I would hope if the COP had any sense he would be opposed to this on enforcement ground alone.

Has the COP weighed in on this? There are two major highways going through Lexington, will anyone passing through be an automatic felon? God forbid you break down on Rt 2 or Rt 95 on your way to the range with a scary black rifle in the car. I would hope if the COP had any sense he would be opposed to this on enforcement ground alone.

I was thinking something similar, I'm not familiar with the COP or licensing officer but it would be worthwhile to reach out to them. Especially since they would be the ones tasked with confiscating legally owned property from law abiding residents, this puts the PD in a pretty uncomfortable position.

Personally even if this were to pass, I wouldn't sweat driving thru Lexington on any roadway. YMMV

It would be an interesting case to raise FOPA if they did arrest anyone driving thru, as my IANAL read says FOPA would apply (but beware that the requirements for transport are more stringent than MGL).

TITLE 18 > PART I > CHAPTER 44 > § 926A
§ 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms
Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting, shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver’s compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked container other than the glove compartment or console.

I would also expect that this would be a toothless bylaw that wouldn't be enforced, just like the Boston AWB/mag ban isn't (and never has been) enforced.

[NOTE: I am NOT recommending that folks don't fight to kill this, just reflecting on likely reality.]

I was thinking something similar, I'm not familiar with the COP or licensing officer but it would be worthwhile to reach out to them. Especially since they would be the ones tasked with confiscating legally owned property from law abiding residents, this puts the PD in a pretty uncomfortable position.

There are numerous COPs who would have no problem hassling law abiding gun owners. Also worth noting that the idiot proposing this stated that he had consulted with the chief, so it seems that the chief doesn't have any problem with his proposal.

Please note, GOAL's annual meeting is scheduled in conjunction with the Marlborough gun show.

This will be a great time to start discussion and planning about Lexington, I would encourage any concerned residents to attend.

Please keep in mind the meeting is open to GOAL members only - attendees will be checked in.

Details:

GOAL Annual Breakfast & Meeting of Membership
WhenSun, January 31, 9am – 12pm
WhereBest Western Royal Plaza Hotel & Trade Center, 181 Boston Post Rd W, Marlborough, MA 01752, United States (map)
DescriptionGOAL's Annual Meeting of the Membership.

$25.00 cost includes buffet breakfast.

Review, discuss, exchange ideas for the best practices.

To purchase tickets/reserve your seat - contact Angela: [email protected] or call 508-393-5333 or use order form attached.

no...city ordinances don't apply to non residents. state preemption

GOAL has posted the Highland Park ordinance: https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Firearms/Ordinances\highlandpark.pdf

They define Large Capacity Magazine as "more than ten rounds". Rotberg says his proposal will be modeled after Highland Park's, stating that theirs defines large capacity magazines as holding "ten or more rounds." So he incorrectly characterizes Highland Park's definition.

Last edited:
GOAL has posted the Highland Park ordinance: https://www.ispfsb.com/Public/Firearms/Ordinances\highlandpark.pdf

They define Large Capacity Magazine as "more than ten rounds". Rotberg says his proposal will be modeled after Highland Park's, stating that theirs defines large capacity magazines as holding "ten or more rounds." So he incorrectly characterizes Highland Park's definition.

There's also a significant difference in that IL's AW definition includes muzzle brakes/comps. Here in MA they are legal, so, if that language is copied verbatim as I suspect it will be, it could be an even bigger problem for gun owners.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom