• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Proposal to come before Lexington Town Meeting

A few takeaways:
- I suspect that many voting yes viewed a resolution about a "conversation" as not carrying much weight, so voting for it doesn't really do anything.
- Town Meeting members are generally people who have time on their hands to be involved in local politics.
- That being said, become involved if you don't want "those people" making decisions for you.
- That moderator did a great job.

All of these a$$holes in support of this bs think that we are dumb. It is insulting to me that they are trying to spin this as having a 'conversation' a couple of weeks AFTER they tried to confiscate lawfully owned property without due process in violation of state law and the Constitition and turn law-abiding citizens into instant felons.

Now we are supposed to trust these fu(K's that there will be a fair and honest debate? Give me a farkin break!

Last edited:
Thanks to all that spoke tonight. My fave speaker from the anti side was the woman that took 15 minutes to figure out how to use the microphone but is somehow qualified to tell me how I can defend myself and my family.

What does it all mean???

Are they going to take away the guns now?

Or, is this just a feel good measure like in Amherst where it was declared that the US Flag = Terrorism?

Well let's now refer to the Battle of Lexington Green as the Lexington Green Meeting and downplay the gun violence. [angry]

Instead of emphasizing the Patriots
04191775-Battle-of-Lexington_0.jpg

consider the Tories side that day.
Vote_7.jpg

There were plenty of NESrs there last night. Many weren't given the chance to speak and none that I am aware of were given the chance to vote.

The balcony area (non-TMMs) were predominantly pro-2A

Of course not, only RTMS, Representative Town Meeting Members, can vote. I am actually surprised that the moderator allowed the public to speak, many times I have seen them not be allowed to

Fellow shooters in Lexington. My condolences.

I watched some of the discourse streaming and I must say that it would have been hard for me to keep my mouth shut during some of the "Yes" citizens banter. I could go on and on about many of the points that have been brought out by those of you who witnessed this travesty but I won't because I'm preaching to the choir here.

No one there was prepared to do any thinking nor would you be able to change their warped and closed minds. This was a gang-bang, simple as that. All you could do was tell them the truth and stood your ground.

This whole phenomenon portends a very dark future as more and more towns allow themselves to be caught up in this anti-gun fervor lead by feel-good liberals. I, personally, don't think we can do much to stop them. What will be needed is a serious kick in the pants that will scare them back to reality. I really hope it doesn't come down to that.

Rome

While I obviously would have preferred we prevailed last night, let's not forget we scored a great victory last month when we humiliated him at the selectmens meeting and forced him to change his by-law to a non-binding resolution.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Rome,

Open Town Meeting or RTM in MA don't usually allow non-residents to speak. It's unusual for a moderator to allow that, unless they are consultants to the proponents or opponents in an official capacity. I say this as a person who has attended and participated in our Open Town Meeting for the past 40 years and having been part of the pre-town meeting planning group meeting with the moderator to discuss how town meeting would proceed when we had some contentious articles (which my commission proposed).

As one who gets up and speaks at virtually every town meeting, I don't look around for approval or to see who might be sitting in the visitor (non-voter) gallery and I suspect the same happened yesterday in Lexington.

This can be used as another example to our legistraitors of why we need state preemption and it is my understanding that some in the legislature are pissed at various cities and towns "doing what they want" in defiance of the "ultimate authority" vested to the legislature. So these horrific events might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back and gets those clowns on Bacon Hill to finally act and stop the nonsense.

Of course not, only RTMS, Representative Town Meeting Members, can vote. I am actually surprised that the moderator allowed the public to speak, many times I have seen them not be allowed to

There are still vacant TMM seats in Framingham, sure you actually have to do the job but if something like this comes up you'll be in the right place at the right time. CHECK YOUR TOWN NOW, DON'T WAIT UNTIL IT COMES UP. You can be sure any open seat will get filled just before something like this comes to a vote.

While I obviously would have preferred we prevailed last night, let's not forget we scored a great victory last month when we humiliated him at the selectmens meeting and forced him to change his by-law to a non-binding resolution. Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

+1000000

The COP makes him look like a fool. Even the COP didn't take a stance last night, he is standing strong on his word.

It's sad for the outcome, but I will keep on fighting. I will attend all the meeting and will voice up and oppose to any wrong info/action.

Personally, I'm disheartened with the turnout. Everyone here wails on their keyboard with fervor when encroachments on our civil rights happens, but the movement to real action largely falls flat. I realize that life gets in the way, car trouble happens, etc., etc. but there were _maybe_ 80 of us there and only one of us got to speak before they voted to shut down discussion. I get that we had a win in March with this clown, but that's not how it will be seem after last night. We're allowing this one-world-global-governance-progressive to lead the discussion and drive the narrative? Come on...

They violated the 1st Amendment with a "free speech area", the 4th Amendment with metal detecors and confiscating innocuous personal items like a keychain glass breaker\seatbelt cutter, and we allowed them to turn their noses up at the 2nd...
zone.jpg

Whatever happens in this state, we'll get exactly what we deserve.

Last edited:
While I obviously would have preferred we prevailed last night, let's not forget we scored a great victory last month when we humiliated him at the selectmens meeting and forced him to change his by-law to a non-binding resolution.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

The questions from TMMs humiliated the nutty prof as well last night and proved that he knew very little about the "EVERYTOWN" talking points and supposed statistics he was fed.

They violated the 1st Amendment with a "free speech area", the 4th Amendment with metal detecors and confiscating innocuous personal items like a keychain glass breaker\seatbelt cutter, and we allowed them to turn their noses up at the 2nd...

Is it possible to find a person in the town government that is willing to help write a resolution, or a sense of the city that the city does not intend to violate civil rights including second amendment rights? That might go better than sitting around spewing out 'shall not be infringed'. It's already been infringed and they are just looking at ways to infringe a little more. The best way to beat a liberal is use their own liberalism against them.

Personally, I'm disheartened with the turnout. Everyone here wails on their keyboard with fervor when encroachments on our civil rights happens, but the movement to real action largely falls flat. I realize that life gets in the way, car trouble happens, etc., etc. but there were _maybe_ 80 of us there and only one of us got to speak before they voted to shut down discussion. I get that we had a win in March with this clown, but that's not how it will be seem after last night. We're allowing this one-world-global-governance-progressive to lead the discussion and drive the narrative? Come on...

View attachment 163762

Yea, that free speech zone crap pissed me off too. Par for the course in Lexington, it would appear. My impression of Lex is that it is chalk full of old liberal hippie busy bodies that have $hit for brains. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

Rome,

Open Town Meeting or RTM in MA don't usually allow non-residents to speak. It's unusual for a moderator to allow that, unless they are consultants to the proponents or opponents in an official capacity. I say this as a person who has attended and participated in our Open Town Meeting for the past 40 years and having been part of the pre-town meeting planning group meeting with the moderator to discuss how town meeting would proceed when we had some contentious articles (which my commission proposed).

As one who gets up and speaks at virtually every town meeting, I don't look around for approval or to see who might be sitting in the visitor (non-voter) gallery and I suspect the same happened yesterday in Lexington.

This can be used as another example to our legistraitors of why we need state preemption and it is my understanding that some in the legislature are pissed at various cities and towns "doing what they want" in defiance of the "ultimate authority" vested to the legislature. So these horrific events might just be the straw that breaks the camel's back and gets those clowns on Bacon Hill to finally act and stop the nonsense.

I do have a TON of respect for that moderator. She was extremely fair to everyone.

Rome,

Winner,well said and needed!

The questions from TMMs humiliated the nutty prof as well last night and proved that he knew very little about the "EVERYTOWN" talking points and supposed statistics he was fed.

He claimed assault rifles could fire "600 - 900 rounds per minute." When called on it, he actually started to stutter.

Yea, that free speech zone crap pissed me off too. Par for the course in Lexington, it would appear. My impression of Lex is that it is chalk full of old liberal hippie busy bodies that have $hit for brains. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

If what you are referring to is that NRs/non-TMMs had to sit in a separate area, then you are unaware that the LAW requires them to be separated to prevent a vote count to include those that are NOT ENTITLED legally to vote.

Our open town meeting cordons off a separate area for "non voters" (who might be residents or not, but aren't registered to vote in the town), and standing votes are done frequently.

Whether you had 80 NES'rs there or 180 wouldn't make any difference to those entitled to vote, especially if they were non-residents. What was needed was for residents to reach out to their TMMs representing them and explain what this was all about and how they expected the TMM to vote. It's a tough task but the only way to prevent what happened last night at the local level.

Watch to see what GOAL does with the info about what happened here and is happening elsewhere. If they are smart, they will use it to advantage to move the state preemption bill into law.

Honestly, the big reason why this passed relatively easily is because Rotberg got rekt at the selectmen's meeting last month and backed down to a non-binding resolution with his tail between his legs. If he kept his proposal as a by-law, there's no way it would have gotten this much support due to its very realistic legal and financial implications. This allowed all the typical easily indoctrinated liberal town meeting members to vote for a feel good measure that doesn't do anything, but it allowed them to pat themselves on the back, fap to how progressive they were, and that they "sent a message to the NRA". No matter how many pro-2A people showed up, their minds were already set last night, there's no way they were interested in keeping an open mind and listening to the other side before casting their vote. It seems to me like the only way to stop all this posturing from these towns is to organize an effort towards influencing a preemption bill going through the state legislature.

Those who spoke against the resolution did a great job, and were clearly the ones who were dealing in facts. I heard comments such as "Guns are Scary", and that the "No signs used NRA colors" from those supporting it from the microphones.

There is definitely an opportunity to educate the general populace both on Automatic vs Semi-auto, and the purposeful misleading statistics presented. I've found explaining these two things to acquaintances moves them toward 2A support, as people don't appreciate being lied to. Despite the foregone conclusion of the resolution, it presents an ongoing opportunity to expose the propaganda either at the LoWV meetings or one or one.

He claimed assault rifles could fire "600 - 900 rounds per minute." When called on it, he actually started to stutter.

I know it. It was crystal clear he didn't know what the hell he was talking about and was fed all of his propaganda.

Dude didn't even know the difference between full auto and semi-auto with regards to this. Tried to have the Licensing Officer for Lex and the COP bail him out and they wouldn't. THAT was classic.

Is it possible to find a person in the town government that is willing to help write a resolution, or a sense of the city that the city does not intend to violate civil rights including second amendment rights? That might go better than sitting around spewing out 'shall not be infringed'. It's already been infringed and they are just looking at ways to infringe a little more. The best way to beat a liberal is use their own liberalism against them.

Sounds good to me, be proactive.

Isn't there something in legislature by the state that deals with this town by town issue concerning gun restrictions and to do away with this non sense? The State laws are more than enough, actually too restrictive as we all know.

If something can be brought up to block this from happening in our towns, I am certain it would get plenty of support. It's ridiculous that we even have to think like this but this is what it's coming to I guess.

Sounds good to me, be proactive.

Isn't there something in legislature by the state that deals with this town by town issue concerning gun restrictions and to do away with this non sense? The State laws are more than enough, actually too restrictive as we all know.

If something can be brought up to block this from happening in our towns, I am certain it would get plenty of support. It's ridiculous that we even have to think like this but this is what it's coming to I guess.

Look at GOAL's legislation page, H.2158 an act relative to constitutional rights

Back
Top Bottom