• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Prolly going shooting at AFS this weekend...

I know I'm still knew here and such, but... thought that if any of you folks would be shooting at AFS this weekend... feel free to say Hi.

I'll be the guy with the rented .22 and the look of admiration for everyone elses guns on my face. [smile]

Although... I always seem to step up to a different gun when I feel I've my fill of the .22

I'm guessing I'm gonna try for early Sunday... Kids have all there stuff on saturdays usually, so Sundays are always my safe day... though I do have to be mindful of wht time the game is on...

I usually shoot during the weekdays and it's always quiet. If you go early on a saturday it should be fairly slow but the afternoon seems to get busy.
Are you a member there?

Are you a member there?

Not anymore... I was a little over a year ago, but just didn't go enough to justify it... IE cost more for the year membership then it did to pay $20 an hour...

Although I am going more and more now... so I may go back for their silver membership if I can keep up my pace of once a month minimum.

Went shooting this morning (action revolver competition) and will be shooting a rimfire rifle match tomorrow afternoon. I think I'm covered!

Change of plans.....I'll be at MRA instead. It looks like a nice day & I want to try & get some outdoor range time in.

Catch y'all next time.

Last edited:
Who's prolly?

Chris

That is my cheesy slang for "Probably" [wink]

I ended up going around 1130. Got to play with a very nice para .45 single stack... not sure exact model, but think it was from the LDA series. I have to say... I think after I get my 22... my next gun will be a para... I think I like the P-12 and P-13... as I told my wife... holding it in my hands was like slipping on an old pair of comfortable gloves...

Also shot the Ruger .40 cabin... which I some how shot misserably until the last mag... (I havnt shot a rifle in years [rolleyes] )

I have to thank the gentalman in the next lane for helping me out a bit though... gave me some tips on my stance and that seemed to make the difference... last 10 rounds were atleast within the 8 ring... First 10 I think bearly hit the paper [thinking] ALthough I think my biggest issue was my dang gogles would fog up after about 3 shots.

Still had a blast and have to say that the groups that shoot at AFS are a nice bunch [grin]

Went this morning to get some practice in. My Mk III 22/45's front sight came lose and my Sigma still ejects into my mouth and my eyes (between the head and glasses). I would have shot my 22A except part of the barrel assembly snapped last week during use and is in for replacement right now.

Other than that, a great day at the range.

Back
Top Bottom