Project Appleseed

During Patriots day weekend they try to run event at the same time at all their clubs. Ive attended the one in Mansfield and can highly recommend it, fun event. Alas, got a baptism that weekend so I have to miss it.

14AB2C9D-A12C-4BFD-8437-A105DB87466B.jpeg So I did the Appleseed at Harvard Sportsmen’s Club this weekend. Once again had fun and again learned a lot and met some great people.

I’m think I’m a decent trigger puller having entered my first small bore competition over 50 years ago. However I was once again impressed how EXTREMELY good the instructors are at the beginner, intermediate and advanced levels. Learned a lot I did not know (again)

Starting this weekend my goal was to earn a rifleman patch again (210 of possible 250 points), and I did. ( my other goal was to not shoot on someone else’s target, I achieved that too) But with some tweaking by instructors my scores moved from two hundred teens to low 220’s. Then to mid and high 220’s. Then I broke 230! This morning I was consistent at 233 - 235 but stuck there. Then my last attempt of the morning after a “ happy (trigger) finger drill” and a reminder to not “drag wood” and a slight adjustment to my prone position resulted in the above 240.

I had not considered ever reaching 240. Now I am thinking about how to do it consistently and I have a few tips I was given that I haven’t tried yet that might get me there.

So Thanks to the volunteer instructors and the other participants. I had a great time.

Last edited:
View attachment 282147 So I did the Appleseed at Harvard Sportsmen’s Club this weekend. Once again had fun and again learned a lot and met some great people.

I’m think I’m a decent trigger puller having entered my first small bore competition over 50 years ago. However I was once again impressed how EXTREMELY good the instructors are at the beginner, intermediate and advanced levels. Learned a lot I did not know (again)

Starting this weekend my goal was to earn a rifleman patch again (210 of possible 250 points), and I did. ( my other goal was to not shoot on someone else’s target, I achieved that too) But with some tweaking by instructors my scores moved from two hundred teens to low 220’s. Then to mid and high 220’s. Then I broke 230! This morning I was consistent at 233 - 235 but stuck there. Then my last attempt of the morning after a “ happy trigger drill” and a reminder to not “drag wood” and a slight adjustment to my prone position resulted in the above 240.

I had not considered ever reaching 240. Now I am thinking about how to do it consistently and I have a few tips I was given that I haven’t tried yet that might get me there.

So Thanks to the volunteer instructors and the other participants. I had a great time.
240 is a hell of a score!!! Congrats!

View attachment 282147 So I did the Appleseed at Harvard Sportsmen’s Club this weekend. Once again had fun and again learned a lot and met some great people.

Starting this weekend my goal was to earn a rifleman patch again (210 of possible 250 points), and I did. ( my other goal was to not shoot on someone else’s target, I achieved that too) But with some tweaking by instructors my scores moved from two hundred teens to low 220’s. Then to mid and high 220’s. Then I broke 230! This morning I was consistent at 233 - 235 but stuck there. Then my last attempt of the morning after a “ happy trigger drill” and a reminder to not “drag wood” and a slight adjustment to my prone position resulted in the above 240.

NICE good work....its crazy how just a little instruction can help you dial in better scores. I see this often at the cmp clinics. Shooters with just enough experience to be safe posting a respectful score at the end!

Starting this weekend my goal was to earn a rifleman patch again (210 of possible 250 points), and I did. ( my other goal was to not shoot on someone else’s target, I achieved that too) But with some tweaking by instructors my scores moved from two hundred teens to low 220’s. Then to mid and high 220’s. Then I broke 230! This morning I was consistent at 233 - 235 but stuck there. Then my last attempt of the morning after a “ happy (trigger) finger drill” and a reminder to not “drag wood” and a slight adjustment to my prone position resulted in the above 240.

Thanks for being a GREAT student! It was a great weekend, glad you had fun. Look forward seeing you get your 250 patch!

Just came back from another appleseed, running a 22 this time. Fun time, and fantastic weather.

View: https://imgur.com/SlKeKMt

SlKeKMt

SlKeKMt

At this time I don't have much free time, but it is a very worthy cause. I try to spread the word and usually bring new seeds to our local events.