Product Report - Blackhawk CQC Carbon Fiber Holster

FPrice

Retired Zoomie
NES Life Member
NES Member
My dealer just gave me a Blackhawk CQC Carbon Fiber Holster for the Glock 17/22 (he's good to me!). I tried it out with my G19 this weekend and am pleasantly surprised by the quality. It's a paddle holster with the SERPA active retention system. This is a "lever" which is spring-loaded and fits into the trigger guard of the pistol to lock the pistol into the holster. To draw as you grasp the pistol's butt you slide your trigger finger down the outside of the holster, press down the forward part of the "lever" (which is just about where your finger would be if it is straight out along side the pistol's frame), and the pistol is free to draw.

The cant of the holster is adjustable by means of three screws which attach the paddle to the holster. The back of the paddle is cut-out to allow this adjustment. It looks like the three positions are vertical, 10 degrees and about 20 degrees butt forward. I am using the middle adjustment since it seems to be the more comfortable to me.

The finish is partially the standard dull flat black but about 50% is textured similar to a basketweave which makes for a nicer appearance.

My only concern about the construction is the upper portion of the paddle where the cut-out makes for a thin area. But the material is soft enough to allow some flex and this should be only a minor concern at the worst. It should not cause any problem unless you really bend it past any point necessary to put it on and take it off.

Overall this seems to be a good holster for those who like the paddle style and should provide excellent retention and some degree of concealment.

Here's a pic.

BlackhawkHolster.jpg

Back
Top Bottom