• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Processing time for CT non-resident? 7 weeks...

Applied earlier in Nov and haven't heard anything. I thought it was 4-6 weeks. Anyone with recent experience? Thanks...

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Edit: got mine in under 8 weeks...

Applied earlier in Nov and haven't heard anything. I thought it was 4-6 weeks. Anyone with recent experience? Thanks...

I applied right around the same time and I'm still waiting for mine too. They originally told me 8 weeks but it could take up to 12.I was going to call them next week,with the holidays I figured nothing was going to get done this week.

Edit: I just called the for the heck of it and they said mine was just approved on Wed.,mailed out today and I should have it by next week.

Last edited:
I called them. They looked up my name and said 2 more weeks max...

I applied right around the same time and I'm still waiting for mine too. They originally told me 8 weeks but it could take up to 12.I was going to call them next week,with the holidays I figured nothing was going to get done this week.

Call them and ask (860) 685-8290!

I agree.

Here's a little trick to help you out. The automated attendant system that will pick up the phone is designed to prevent you from speaking to anyone.
Here's the trick. Select the option (if I remember right, its option 2) that is for someone calling for a firearm sale approval. You will get a live person in less than a minute. They can help you with anything you need.

Don

Actually a person answered. In any case, got my CT permit yesterday. Looks like it took them 7 weeks in the holiday season, not bad at all...

How easy is the CT license to get? I don't want a denial on my record.

I didn't run into any problems. If you have any doubts, call them. At least I found them very helpful on the phone. I don't think they are discretionary, so if you meet the requirements and pass the background check, you should be all set...

the nonresident process is actually MUCH MUCH more straightforward than what we residents have to do. We have to deal with local LEOs who may or may not like guns.

Nonresidents go directly to the State DPS. Pretty much as long as you aren't a prohibited person, you are good to go.

Don

Back
Top Bottom