Problems with spaces and reply with quote

dans

NES Member
I've been having sporadic issues where I post a reply and the test I enter has not spaces in it. Tonight I finally noticed that when I "reply with quote" I have the problem. If I just do a reply, Not problem.

For example, If I were to "reply with quote", I would get the following:

Iamreplyingwithquotetoatopicinthisboard.

If I were to simply reply, I would get:

I am replying to a topic in this board.

I have no idea if this helps debug the problem, but go for it.

It's a known bug. When you enter text and don't get spaces, enter the first word, then hit enter/return, then delete, and then spaces should work.

I added a notice with the workaround when Chrome is detected. vB uses a pretty common text editor that broke a while back for Chrome, and Chrome continues to ignore the bug report. You can disable the WYSIWYG editor in your options, or use the above stated workaround.

any reason Y not? just curious not trying to be a hosebag

It's not a feature available in this version of vBulletin. We're working toward a new forum software which is going to have a tremendous amount of new functionality - it's just taking a bit more time and effort than expected.

I added a notice with the workaround when Chrome is detected. vB uses a pretty common text editor that broke a while back for Chrome, and Chrome continues to ignore the bug report. You can disable the WYSIWYG editor in your options, or use the above stated workaround.
thanks so much. This has been a nightmare for months
NOTICE: We have detected you are using Chrome web browser. If the space bar does not work when entering text below press the Enter key first and the space bar should work again.

that happens to me once in a while....

just start like this.

put a period first and then type behind it and your space bar should work. Not sure why this happens...but this is a way around it.

Back
Top Bottom