• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Problems with my ar15

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't heavily lubing the bolt carrier group cause crap to build up much faster than if it were only a light lube?

Maybe, but if he cleans it as often as he says he does, then that wouldn't be an issue.
I use a very, very, light coat of slide glide on my AR's and outside of my cleaning neglect
issues they cycle perfectly. You need to apply it and wipe it off. The residual will work
wonders for your AR.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't heavily lubing the bolt carrier group cause crap to build up much faster than if it were only a light lube?

No, the lube keeps the crap moving instead of hardening up on the parts. I've only owned AR's since 1978....

Ok I will try using more lube, This is my first AR I am still learning the gun and its needs. I am going to order some mag springs and folowers tonight,and probably a recoil spring.

You are local to us at Remsport. If you call and make an appointment I will stay after 5:00.
We are located in Ludlow MA.
Call 413 579 1994

Back
Top Bottom