• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Probably, the perfect flashlight

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUIogh3cteY

This will be the gift the Mrs. (her idea) and I are buying for a few close friends and some family members this Christmas.

I only buy Fenix and only do business with http://fenixlighting.com-don't work for/ benefit in any way from either-aside from receiving an excellent product from excellent people.

Love the Fenix lights, I just rec'd my PD35 TAC light with the "Blaze Battleworn" cerakote - love it

Bought a PD35 TAC for my Dad a couple of Christmas' ago...he still says it is one of the most useful gifts he has rec'd. He carries it constantly and cant understand how he got along without it

What ever happened to wolf eyes ?
im still rocking the angel C light .

I will look into these. Im always looking for good rechargeable lights.

As posted Fenix is a Chinese company which manufactures in the PRC. I will caution all to be highly suspect of any maker of flashlights which advertise that their products are -made- in the US when the correct and legal labeling most probably is 'assembled' in the US as no maker I am aware of of uses all parts necessary for operation of the light which have been sourced from the States.

What separates Fenix from most/all other brands is the commitment they made to providing both USA based service and parts availability in and out of warranty. I believe that Fenix Lighting is the national service center for the brand and there is at least one other entity which advertises authorized repairs and out of warranty service-Fenix-store.com . The only caution that all should be aware of is that these two service Companies openly state that only products which were intended for sale in the US can be accepted apparently as per agreement with Fenix which to me is proper and reasonable.

Funny, my one experience with Fenix CS was having them completely ignore my emails asking for help with an in-warranty headlamp that failed completely. It’s still sitting dead in the drawer months and months later. I do like the brand still, and own half a dozen or so.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUIogh3cteY

This will be the gift the Mrs. (her idea) and I are buying for a few close friends and some family members this Christmas.

I only buy Fenix and only do business with http://fenixlighting.com-don't work for/ benefit in any way from either-aside from receiving an excellent product from excellent people.

I use the TC1200 which is water proof when headed into the dark and I want a powerful light. In addition a Primos a blood tracker light which is a great durable light.

I will be the first to agree that a strobe can be 'frustrating' if thought was not put in to how the feature is activated-Fenix, or at least the six or so models I have are designed very well with regard to the interface of both strobe/sos and this leads me to another point about Fenix. It is obvious to me that the Company either has designers with military/law enforcement and first responder experience on their team or they contract with those with this experience for design input. The beam pattern, levels of output, run times and other features in the tactical series clearly have been developed by those who understood what is required by professionals which is also what makes Fenix an excellent choice, make that the perfect choice- for anyone doing any activity.

A lifetime ago I was 'on the job' and marveled at the lights the railroad boys had, Streamlight SL20 I believe-this light was so spectacular that I spent nearly a weeks pay to get one myself-it was the best money I ever spent and a few lives were saved because I had alot of light-yes, including my own. The TK35UE puts this light to shame by a factor of many times-truly astounding.

Funny, my one experience with Fenix CS was having them completely ignore my emails asking for help with an in-warranty headlamp that failed completely. It’s still sitting dead in the drawer months and months later. I do like the brand still, and own half a dozen or so.

Interesting, can you provide more specific info?

Interesting, can you provide more specific info?

Headlamp failed to turn on, I contacted their customer service via their web form, nobody ever responded. Checked spam, trash, nothing. Not worth my time to chase them down, package and send back, etc.

Funny also that you mention the strobe, as that is actually the worst, most poorly designed aspect of their lights. I have at least two lights where, in order to cycle through the brightness options, I have to land on strobe. Who the hell is using a strobe light on a flashlight In anything other than a once in a lifetime situation? A cop? DJ?

They're good lights and a good value for sure - I’ll continue buying them - but felt compelled to interject some perspective. Carry on.

I've got one and it does throw a nice flood pattern. I use it for searching during game animal recovery, and it rocks. While they spec 18650 batteries for it, you want the Fenix batteries which are slightly longer. "NOTE: The light will not work with flat-top 18650s "

I rock a rechargeable Streamlight Macrostream just has high and low. Works well and the pocket clip can go on a hat.

please bear with me:

For those with unsatisfactory customer service with a Fenix product-where did you purchase the light-how long did you have it prior to failure-who did you contact?

As for the strobe - it came in very handy for the Mrs. and I when I tossed a bag into a campground dumpster and disturbed a group of racoons which had settled down to dinner. The masked devils jumped out and just stared/clattered at us-the strobe drove them away in less than three seconds, lucky?-you tell me.

As for strobe use in law enforcement, I'll cede to someone younger who is in the field but here is a older article. Since then of course led technology has advanced, beam profiles and temps have advanced/changed and of course output and the strobe qualities similarly most probably have advanced, to what benefit/liability I do not know.

Not my cup of tea. I want my flashlight to be simple.
not have 8 pages of instructions I have to remember in order to get it to do what I want.
Kinda like a VCR that never has its time set because no one can figure out how to make it happen.
I want
ON or OFF. I might accept “lockout” I want a simple interface and for it to be well built.

I've got one and it does throw a nice flood pattern. I use it for searching during game animal recovery, and it rocks. While they spec 18650 batteries for it, you want the Fenix batteries which are slightly longer. "NOTE: The light will not work with flat-top 18650s "

Many of the models Fenix makes are capable of using both 18650 and cr123a batteries which I find to be a desirable feature-additionally a few models with multiple led's have the capability to continue to provide light should one or more led fail, this to me is a very important design feature.

Batteries and chargers are topics almost as interesting as flashlights-perhaps there should be a dedicated flashlight sub forum ??

not have 8 pages of instructions I have to remember in order to get it to do what I want.
Kinda like a VCR that never has its time set because no one can figure out how to make it happen.
I want
ON or OFF. I might accept “lockout” I want a simple interface and for it to be well built.

Fenix has you covered, in spades-check them out.

Fenix has you covered, in spades-check them out.

Perhaps, but my post is limited to the SINGLE model you’ve referenced to with the infomercial.

I will check out Fenix when my stream light is due for replacement

I have three that I use. A strion at work with a leather holster on my belt. A stream light x3 one at home one in truck and one in garage
As well as a stream light JR.

Perhaps, but my post is limited to the SINGLE model you’ve referenced to with the infomercial.

I will check out Fenix when my stream light is due for replacement

I have a Streamlight ProTac 1L-1AA in my pocket right now. Every morning, when I dress, it and my Benchmade go into pockets.

I like that so much that I have two others, one's on my bedside table and the other's in the pocket of my riding jacket.

The Fenix 35 I have is too large for pocket carry, but it's perfectly sized to live in its pouch on the outside of my daily carry knapsack. The streamlight has high/low/strobe, the Fenix has 5 levels of light plus strobe. The lowest level is perfect for moving around the house in darkness and the higher levels are good for outside.

I have an earlier version of that light. My son as well. Honestly I had trouble with the shape. I'm used to a flashlight having a round body. And I found the series of button presses to get shit done just a little much. Just a personal preference and I agree with all positive comments about Fenix.

Just ordered a couple of these for Xmas. My wife will dutifully wrap mine and put it under the tree. And one for my son too.

Yeah, it's a stupid amount of money to spend on a flashlight. But there was this awesome Black Friday sale. And flashlights are like drugs. The more you get the more you want... lumens that is.

There's quite a few coyote running around our neighborhood right now. One really big one. So I take the dogs out at night with the flashlight... and a .22 mag revolver.

Well here's my new Xmas toy!!!

Well here's my new Xmas toy!!!

Just bought one as well. Yes expensive ... but pretty decent black Friday deal along with the freebies.

I want

If you need a manual to use this flashlight you probably also have trouble remembering how to tie your shoes. That little 30 second video basically covered the
entire flashlight operation. [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom