Pro-Gun Officials list in Massachusetts

Great idea. We need to know who is on our side and where our efforts may need more focus.

Keiko orrall is my rep and she is not in favor of any new gun laws.

Fantastic! I will add this information to the first post, I would also like to update this thread as much as possible to keep information current. So please everyone post as much info as possible so when elections come we know who to keep and who we need to boot!

The GOAL ratings are not all accurate! They are based upon a questionnaire, and some of the politicians have apparently lied to get better ratings. I have personally seen reps with good ratings propose horrible new gun laws.

Everyone would be better off deciding how to vote in the future by looking at how the pols vote on the current Patrick/Linsky gun legislation.

I think this is a good place to start but like kingfisher said more digging needs to be done once you identify a likely candidate

David T Vierra called me immediately after I initiated contact and we discussed at length what he was doing and IS on the same page as me.
Pro 2A 100%.

I'm glad to see so many who are rated A or B. I recognize that these may not be completely accurate, but it's still much better than I expected.

I haven't heard back from my rep or senator, but I am going to call again this week and see if I can meet with or talk with them.

Why does every thread related to our fight go way off track. This is exactly why we are doomed. We can't mobilize.

Just post the reps that give you a positive response.

The GOAL ratings are not all accurate! They are based upon a questionnaire, and some of the politicians have apparently lied to get better ratings. I have personally seen reps with good ratings propose horrible new gun laws.

Everyone would be better off deciding how to vote in the future by looking at how the pols vote on the current Patrick/Linsky gun legislation.

If we play our cards right, we'll never know how they would vote on these bills. The best way to deal with this is to work hard to kill them in committee (just like they do with our bills) so they never see the light of day and are never put up for a vote in either the House or Senate!!

Every politician is pro 2a. Ever hear anyone who wasn't - except maybe Feinstein and Shumer.

[rofl][rofl] [laugh] [laugh]

Politicians lie like a rug! NEVER trust any politician!!

If we play our cards right, we'll never know how they would vote on these bills. The best way to deal with this is to work hard to kill them in committee (just like they do with our bills) so they never see the light of day and are never put up for a vote in either the House or Senate!!

As usual, you are correct. I like the way you think!

Does Massachusetts have any oath keepers??

Not long ago there was a (possibly retired) MA police chief who was on the board of directors of Oath Keepers, but I don't see her listed on their website now.

Stewart Rhodes, the founder and president, was at the Second Amendment March in Washington, DC a couple of years ago, and he administered the oath to everyone in the crowd who wanted to participate (maybe a couple of thousand people). Many ex-military and some current law enforcement officers renewed their oaths at that time, and I know some were from MA.

I'm not sure what you're going for here, but of the police officers I've spoken to, many have said that they believe in the Oath Keepers principles. They may not be official members, which could be frowned upon in the department, or they may feel that joining would just be redundant since they've already taken an oath to uphold the U.S. Constitution.

For those who are not familiar with what the Oath Keepers stand for: Declaration Of Orders We Will Not Obey

How the hell is Fernandes on there??? with my conversation with him, he basically told me newton could have been prevented if there weren't guns in the house, he essentially said to take the guns away and there wouldn't be any gun violence, somehow I don't think he's a friend of the 2nd

they all would do well to realize this,2 small points among many.

Akhil Amar, "The Bill of Rights as a Constitution," 100 Yale Law Journal 637 (1989).

• Use of FP No. 46:. In the event of central tyranny, state governments could do what colonial governments had done in 1776: organize and mobilize their Citizens into an effective fighting force capable of beating even a large standing army. Wrote Madison in The Federalist No. 46:
    [T]he State governments with the people on their side would be able to repel the danger. .[A standing army] would be opposed [by] a militia amounting to near half a million citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence. .
8. Sanford Levinson, "The Embarrassing Second Amendment," 99 Yale Law Journal 637 (1989).
Levinson quotes FP No. 46 out of context on page 651: . James Madison, for example speaks in Federalist Number Forty-Six of "the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation." The advantage in question was not merely the defense of American Borders; a standing army might well accomplish that. Rather, an armed public was advantageous in protecting political liberty.

Back
Top Bottom