• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pro gun candidate for Republican party.

The wife and I are pretty much done with Massachusetts. The ridiculous politics, gun laws and all this freakin snow has pushed us over the edge. As soon as our son is out of high school we are gone... South Carolina is near the top of the list of potential destinations.

My wife and I did exactly that and are now in South Carolina. No regrets. Rumor is we may get 1-3 inches of snow later this week. My sister-in-law says that if we do, everything will shut down until the sun melts it away.

As far as being a single-issue voter, I am as well. You are either for the Constitution - all of it, all the time - or you are a stinking Marxist traitor and an enemy of the Republic. Those trying to straddle the fence are not moderate anything, but are Quislings and collaborators.

My wife and I did exactly that and are now in South Carolina. No regrets. Rumor is we may get 1-3 inches of snow later this week. My sister-in-law says that if we do, everything will shut down until the sun melts it away.

As far as being a single-issue voter, I am as well. You are either for the Constitution - all of it, all the time - or you are a stinking Marxist traitor and an enemy of the Republic. Those trying to straddle the fence are not moderate anything, but are Quislings and collaborators.
So, you do not vote?

Real easy to talk big and accuse single issue voters like me of being Quislings and collaborators when you are hiding behind a computer screen and a screen name bub. People who make such lofty pronouncements with their heart on their sleeves remind me of the famous quote of Samuel Johnson that "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundral." good to know that there is one last true, virutous man (?) left in these United States [rolleyes]

Yep, it is crazy. You won't believe it until you see it. We got 2 in last year and they dumped every grain of sand/salt they had on the roads. School was closed preemptively and for 2 days. That little dusting used up all the snow removal budget for the year. A week later we got 4 in. That was mayhem from the moment of the forecast. Absolutely NO bread or milk at any of the walmarts or grocery stores in the area.

People were actually scared, and I mean scared by a 4 in forecast. Atlanta was completely shut down. People were posting their info on Facebook offering a place to stay to the people who were abandoning their cars on the hwy.! If any of these locals ever experienced a NE snowstorm the would just curl up in a ball and sob.

So where are you? West near the mountains? My 10 day forecast shows nothing but 50s and 60s. I haven't heard anything about any snow on the way.

Last edited:
Drifts... And that's after clearing the outside 5' with the roof rake.

Do we have a legit candidate or not?

Walker is a raving lunatic and a Baptist, two things that don't make good Presidents. And before I get flamed for hating on religions, please be fully aware that i know first hand how Southern Baptists view other religions and people from other religions. Its not the most accepting of views. Its not like electing JFK as a Catholic where they were worried about the pope.

$0.02 but I don't want my President imposing his religious views on the country. No I'm not naive; pragmatic perhaps.

I kinda like the SC lady but I think she is kinda crazy too. most of them are.

Walker is a raving lunatic and a Baptist, two things that don't make good Presidents.

Depends on whether he's pragmagic or retarded. If he's retarded he'll be labeled like Rick Sanitarium and that's the end of him, politically. I like the guy otherwise, but the GOP has to get someone to keep the jesus juice stuff off to the side and focus on things like fiscal responsibility, etc. Things that are actually government issues, not whether gays marry or any of that bullshit.

-Mike

Depends on whether he's pragmagic or retarded. If he's retarded he'll be labeled like Rick Sanitarium and that's the end of him, politically. I like the guy otherwise, but the GOP has to get someone to keep the jesus juice stuff off to the side and focus on things like fiscal responsibility, etc. Things that are actually government issues, not whether gays marry or any of that bullshit.

-Mike

I agree 100% with that assessment.

I suppose I looked at his father being a Baptist minister but his family attends "Meadowbrook Church, a nondenominational, evangelical church", whatever that means.

Just keep the religion out of politics. Leave the abortion, gay rights, etc. up to the courts not the executive office.

I agree 100% with that assessment.

I suppose I looked at his father being a Baptist minister but his family attends "Meadowbrook Church, a nondenominational, evangelical church", whatever that means.

Just keep the religion out of politics. Leave the abortion, gay rights, etc. up to the courts not the executive office.
Evangelical=even crazier than Baptists. Trust me, I grew up in Tennessee. Baptists are some of the least tolerant religious people I've ever met and Evangelicals are even worse. Not only do both factions think anyone who doesn't believe exactly what they believe will go to hell, they will tell you so and be nasty about it. Could be mildly worse....he could be a pentacostal.

Back
Top Bottom