• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pro-Carry Pamphlets

We need to get GOAL's help on this. ASAP!!!

Why?

Set up a 3 column template in MS Word or Open Office and start typing.

I did my own with no GOAL input and handed them out at the rally in Boston many moons ago. Even had a second sheet with all the references. Was a crapload of work to research, produce, edit, and format.

Covered topics from the Warren case to criminal statistics.

The fact of the matter is there is NO argument that can be supported by facts when it comes to restrictive firearm policy. Those that push such measures either have an emotional reaction or ulterior motives. You need to present something that can counter the emotion. A violent criminal is a very effective such presentation, but I'd far prefer a less dangerous means of persuasion. The others, the ones that have 'other' motives need to be called out as the liars they are.

Last edited:
Kind of answered your own question there didn't ya?[wink]

Possibly, but ask me anything that I had in my pamphlet and I can not only quote the sources to this day, but can provide a LOT of detail that I can't fit into a tri-fold.

If GOAL did the work, would those who distributed them be able to speak to the points?

A DYI is always going to make more of an impact to those open enough to actually challenge their own feelings.

An interesting pamphlet. Puts a little too much emphasis on open carry for Massachusetts, though. If you pull up to a gas station open carrying, no one is going to say "you can't carry like that." They'll freak out and leave. IMHO, we need to get people comfortable with the idea of guns and people carrying them at all first. If our biggest concern were that people didn't like open carry, I think we'd be in a pretty good place.

When people ask me "what if the gun goes off?" I explain to them that the gun is inert and won't fire unless I pull the trigger. I like to use the comparison "what if the gas tank of that parked car exploded?" It doesn't just happen, someone would have to make it happen.

Last edited:
An interesting pamphlet. Puts a little too much emphasis on open carry for Massachusetts, though. If you pull up to a gas station open carrying, no one is going to say "you can't carry like that." They'll freak out and leave. IMHO, we need to get people comfortable with the idea of guns and people carrying them at all first. If our biggest concern were that people didn't like open carry, I think we'd be in a pretty good place.

When people ask me "what if the gun goes off?" I explain to them that the gun is inert and won't fire unless I pull the trigger. I like to use the comparison "what if the gas tank of that parked car exploded?" It doesn't just happen, someone would have to make it happen.

A Mass version doesn't necessarily have to focus on open carry, it could be more tweaked towards concealed. OC is MUCH more common in PA, and while you may get a visit from the boys in blue, they usually will leave you alone once they confirm that you aren't waving the thing around shooting at people.

Back
Top Bottom