• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Private sales to minors?

Thanks everyone! I'm gonna look for a private seller. The Mosin is close.
I wish you luck. You have your legal input on that nh has no law restricting a private sale to a minor. So it's possible. Here is the catch......I'd say if you were to find a seller be prepared that they may ask if your parents approve. While we are on that topic.....do your parents approve? If so they could buy the rifle as a gift legally and you'd be all set. Have you tried that route?

While I fully support your choice to shoot and your desire to own your own gun I would not sell anything to you without your parents consent. My son is 12 and he loves shooting. He is saving up his money to buy his own 22 rifle and his own 38 revolver. Once he has the money saved I will buy them for him to use and when he is legally old enough to own them they will be his. However, if someone sold something like that to him without my knowing I would be extremely upset.

I'm guessing from your need to find someone to sell you a gun and your avoidance of the questions related to your parents/guardians feelings on the situation that you in fact do not have their blessing. While there may not be a law prohibiting you owning a gun the fact is you are still a minor and someone else's responsibility.

I hope you get what you are looking for, be safe and enjoy the hobby!!

Back
Top Bottom