• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Private sales" at gun shows ...

I don't understand what you're trying to get at here. You're slicing and dicing this thing to the n-th degree on a strained hypothetical.

It is the responsibility of the two parties to know the laws and conduct the transfer within the laws. If one or more of the parties does not, it is the responsibility of the state or federal government to enforce the law.

If you murder someone in the woods and are really good at hiding a body, then maybe you'll get away with it. You still broke a law, if there's evidence that can tie you back to the crime in question, it will be prosecuted.

[ETA: ha, guess I'm on the same wavelength as Len with the murder analogy]

Its fine if the parties in question violate the law, as long as they know they are violating the law.

There are fundamental differences between the crime of illegally buying a gun in another state and murder.

There are legal terms to differentiate between a crime that is inherently evil and a crime that violates an arbitrary law of man. I can't remember the terms.

But buying a firearm out of state is certainly not immoral. As long as the buyer knows the risks, more power to him.

I think his point was that if you move here with guns, no FA10s are required for those in your possession.

But I could have it wrong.
Still doesn't matter as any transaction of them is subject to state and federal law. FA10 filed by buyer (now buyer and seller with eFA10) for in state and GCA68 requirements for interstate and PP issues.

His attempt to concoct a loophole seemed to shift to an attempt to concoct the "perfect crime" (difficult to track), but the net result is that one way or another there is no "loophole", only various laws broken and degrees of difficulty for any given enforcement.

- - - Updated - - -

Its fine if the parties in question violate the law, as long as they know they are violating the law.

There are fundamental differences between the crime of illegally buying a gun in another state and murder.

There are legal terms to differentiate between a crime that is inherently evil and a crime that violates an arbitrary law of man. I can't remember the terms.
Malum prohibitum (bad because we say it is)
Malum in se (bad because it is)

Writing Malum Prohibitum laws is malum in se.

Can't believe still believe wikipedia isn't worthless. It's nothing more than covert lobbying, especially on certain topics where big business or .gov has a vested interest.

Go try to edit a wikipedia page around one the new drugs you see advertised alot and see if it lets you.

Can't believe still believe wikipedia isn't worthless. It's nothing more than covert lobbying, especially on certain topics where big business or .gov has a vested interest.

Go try to edit a wikipedia page around one the new drugs you see advertised alot and see if it lets you.

I edited Congressman or senator?? Connie Mack's wikipedia page to describe his affair with Mary Bono. (I know his ex wife)

It stayed up for several weeks.

I edited Congressman or senator?? Connie Mack's wikipedia page to describe his affair with Mary Bono. (I know his ex wife)

It stayed up for several weeks.

That's great. I remember editing pages for fun just a few years ago but doesn't seem to be the same thing now.

Back
Top Bottom