• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Private sale of firearms in Massachusetts

JWR

Hey guys,

I'm new to this site and relatively new to buying/selling firearms. I know you guys probably have gotten this question a million times but I am curious as to what is the proper/correct way to privately sell a firearm in Massachusetts?

thanks again for the help.

Yes except that the directions on the portal indicate several legal falsehoods that only benefit the state.... (like the garbage about registering a gun that you think might not be registered, reporting non-MA crap or sales of guns to dealers, etc.)

This is true. Amazing how they don't fix it. Impartiality is a luxury.

Yes except that the directions on the portal indicate several legal falsehoods that only benefit the state.... (like the garbage about registering a gun that you think might not be registered, reporting non-MA crap or sales of guns to dealers, etc.)
This.
As a newbie, before you do ANYTHING that in any way involves guns in MA, be sure to ask the NESers, cuz literally any and every time I think I know anything about guns/firearm laws etc, all I have to do is post what I "know" on any thread, and there are usually ten (or more) people here who quickly make me realize I literally have no clue as to what MA firearm laws/rules/regulations etc are. Ditto anything about the actual firearm(s) you're thinking of buying/selling/cleaning/etc...
And go "green" as soon as you can afford the (small) fee, cuz you'll never get a better value for your buck than you will with a green membership. Also, guns aside, I have about 15-20 news portal links in my favorites, have deep interest in politics, news, etc yet I honestly, usually learn more actual truth here on NES about literally everything than I usually do on any News dot.com site.

Welcome.

True as true gets... and I find it disgusting. The laws, as (poorly) written are bad enough. MIRCS making up its own broadening of the law is just plain crazy. Read the actual laws folks. Don't be fooled and act accordingly. [thinking]

Back
Top Bottom