private land owners who use there own private shooting range.

Have you been to the New Bedford rod and gun club? None of the "restrictions" you mention

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2

rly? hmmm

Yes but this is LAND no power no water no services unorganized townships. To get to many of these lots you need to drive for miles on logging roads ( nice flat roars but not paved ) just build a nice little cabin and you are golden. There are lots closer to towns you just have to keep you're eyes open.

Hell ya. And i understand that it would be a huge liability, which is why i said it was a longshot. I don't want to be stuck shooting long rifles at a 100 yard target, i would like to try some tactical practice at close range. but my range doesnt allow centerfire cartridges on the pistol range.

Why not join a different range that doesn't have restrictions? Pelham F&G lets you shoot what you want and how you want at their action ranges for example.

How about Telling the cops nothing, But get the F*** off my property!!! Calling and telling them, when and what you are going to shoot is too much like asking permission.

The call of some one shooting on "Private" property by anyone other than the land owner, does not indicate that a crime is being committed.

generally whatever cop shows up is pretty cool and just doing it as an official courtesy because a call was received. i inform them as my OWN courtesy because i live, literally, across the street from a golf course which is primarily and inevitably where the complaining calls come from. ( golfers on the course using their cell phones )

either way, my town pretty much sucks ass and the chief of police is a major dick.

+1

Don't know the MA laws regarding your property but in Maine, private property is called private for a reason. There is no lawful reason for a LEO to enter your land/home.

How about Telling the cops nothing, But get the F*** off my property!!! Calling and telling them, when and what you are going to shoot is too much like asking permission.

The call of some one shooting on "Private" property by anyone other than the land owner, does not indicate that a crime is being committed.

I still do, whenever I am back up. Property is on an old dirt road.. Several ma**h***s thought it was a great idea to move down there.. When I know they are up and 6:30 rolls around, I step on my back porch and make it sound like a war zone! That is what they get for doing non town approved renovations 50 feet from the lake!

I miss those days. Were I could walk out my door and shoot in my yard.

how could anyone ever consider allowing someone they don't actually know to fire a gun on their property in goddamned MASSACHUSETTS.
the police in my town get calls from neighbors and are required to come up my driveway to check in with me when i shoot myself ( almost never anymore at this point because the bullshit just isn't worth the hassle )

How often do you shoot yourself?

I did this a few years back, in a more polite manner. The LEO was less than pleased, but did oblige... he then proceeded to give me a stern talking to.

How often do you shoot yourself?

Never. But I've seen bullet holes in baffles almost directly over the shooting position at most all ranges that I've been too. So I would not trust someone I don't know to shoot on my land. Maybe you would trust him to not lose a round off your property, but I wouldn't.

I'm thinking the first thing you do when you build your home range is post no trespassing signs.

neighbor comes over to squawk, police arrive, hilarity ensues

I'm thinking the first thing you do when you build your home range is post no trespassing signs.

neighbor comes over to squawk, police arrive, hilarity ensues

Ditto that. I did post my land but mainly to keep wardens off it. In Maine wardens can go on you're property without a warrant except you're curtilage. Then even with the land posted they are allowed to trespass unless you notify them to stay off. I found this out shortly after I moved in as I set up my shooting area and one weekend while shooting I have had one drive up to my house ( I have a long driveway with no trespassing signs along with a few other signs suggestion the harm that may come to those who enter sans permission ) he got out of his truck and walked over to where I was and proceeded to have a fit telling me he was in the woods when I started shooting and I could have killed him. I replied why did he ignore all the brand new signs posted along the border of my land ( trees marked with double silver lines twice as often as required and sings hung as well. He still in a huff said he was allowed to ignore said signs and I told him I am allowed to shoot on MY land. I told him he should arrest me or leave. He left. On Monday I called a lawyer and found out about the requirement to tell the wardens to stay off you're land as they can ignore the 4th. I got my lawyer to draw up the latter and sent it to the local IFW office the headquarters in Augusta and the governors office. Never heard from that guy again nor have I had any issues.

Never. But I've seen bullet holes in baffles almost directly over the shooting position at most all ranges that I've been too. So I would not trust someone I don't know to shoot on my land. Maybe you would trust him to not lose a round off your property, but I wouldn't.
h
hahaha, reminds me of Officer Training when we were qualing on the 1911, one of the women in our class, her first shot was in the ceiling. Don't ask me how but she lucked into a marksman qual. Somehow I felt cheated with my Expert qual that day.

Heard something similar in MA Hunter Ed. class - that MA Enviro. Police is the only LE agency that doesn't need a warrant to enter your property. Rationale is that they may be tracking an injured animal and can't wait for permission. In that case, when setting up my home range they'll be plenty or "firearms in use" signs posted!

That's what the EPO said at the last class I was at.

If you shoot an animal and it goes onto posted land, call the EPO, because s/he can ignore the signs.

As for the hole in the ceiling, as I was told at Instructor's Class you tell them, "Don't go shooting Baby Jesus!"

- - - Updated - - -

That's what the EPO said at the last class I was at.

If you shoot an animal and it goes onto posted land, call the EPO, because s/he can ignore the signs.

As for the hole in the ceiling, as I was told at Instructor's Class you tell them, "Don't go shooting Baby Jesus!"

No LE is going to stop pursuit of a suspect (or other active investigation) just because the land is posted no trespassing.

but it still seem like good practice to post then if whomever catches some flack they were warned.

if you really want to cause someone's panties to bunch up;

use_of_deadly_force.jpg

I kid you not I went to a .gov facility once and they had a red line on the floor with the infamous DO NOT CROSS USE OF DEADLY FORCE AUTHORIZED written all along that line. I crossed it too because I am a bad mo fo NES 1%'er.

Last edited:
No LE is going to stop pursuit of a suspect (or other active investigation) just because the land is posted no trespassing.

but it still seem like good practice to post then if whomever catches some flack they were warned.

if you really want to cause someone's panties to bunch up;

use_of_deadly_force.jpg

I kid you not I went to a .gov facility once and they had a red line on the floor with the infamous DO NOT CROSS USE OF DEADLY FORCE AUTHORIZED written all along that line. I crossed it too because I am a bad mo fo NES 1%'er.

My father worked at NSA on FT mead and I was raised on bases around the globe I fully understand the line.

That said you point is correct. If in pursuit then they can trespass. However a investigation requires a WARRANT or permission to enter. The guy I posted about was doing neither he was just wandering around. I know this because my lawyer requested the case # he was working or or a copy of the tip he was investigation and the letter he got back stated the warden in question was simply doing a "patrol" no warrant no permission not even the curiosity of stopping at my home to let me know he woudl be in the woods.

Really makes me glad I belong to my gun club. The range is limited 100 yards but everytime I go I'm the only one there and can shoot whatever and however I want. No requirement to attend meetings and 35 bucks a year. And a pond to boot!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk

I have a 100yd range out my back door. We shot MG's and exploding targets The trooper came down once because they received a call. I was in my house at the time he arrived he asked if I was target shooting I said yes sir I asked who called it was the lady down the street in fear of her kids life. the trooper drove back to see where I was shooting he told me I was well within my rights and was very cool. The lady didn't like his reply. They have never come back again

Back
Top Bottom