• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Private gun sales are done in Nevada

We already have a background check in MA on private sales - the eFA10 verifies the buyer's LTC is current and not revoked, expired or suspended.

Do they have gun registration like they do in the PRM out there??
MA has reporting which is not technically registration as possession of a gun not in the MA records is not a per-se offense as it is in NY with handguns, or at the federal level with NFA weapons.

so how does any of this not infringe and prep ent crimes committee with guns. This is such a freakin violation of 2A and it's not every going to court.

so how does any of this not infringe and prep ent crimes committee with guns. This is such a freakin violation of 2A and it's not every going to court.

This will absolutely be challenged and go to court. Seems like an extra step, but not an outright ban. As mentioned above, it could end up like the MA version we have now.

I moved to Vegas 2 years ago and have bought a few guns here.

There is no state registration at all. The dealer background check is done by calling up some office in the state and running your drivers license number. The only information they get is whether you’re buying a handgun or rifle. Nothing about make, model, serial number, caliber etc. that info is only on the normal Fed paperwork. There used to be a gun registration scheme but it was abandoned years ago with all records supposedly destroyed.

If you have a CCW then you don’t need a background check to buy a gun at a dealer. I don’t know if this law changes that for private sales but I doubt it. So if you have a ccw you should still be able to buy anything without a background check. Even before this law was passed almost nobody was willing to do a face to face transfer to somebody without a ccw. And everybody wanted a bill of sale to cover their asses. So this changed nothing really.

There are plenty of gun stores around here that won’t even accept a transfer from an out of state dealer. Most wont accept a transfer from an individual out of state. The chances of any gun store agreeing to do a background check with no skin in the game where there is no physical record of them even doing it is slim to none. I’m sure pretty much all the dealers in the state will simply refuse to provide the service which will form the basis for one of many court challenges. Maybe it’s the remnants of MA in me, but I expect that court challenge to fail. A challenge on the implementation not matching the ballot question that passed has a better chance in court, but we will see how that goes.

I’m not super worried about this law. Democrats are running the whole show here now, so things are only going to get worse. I’m much more concerned about what they might pass next. Time to stock up while I still can I guess!

Do they have gun registration like they do in the PRM out there??
My brother lives in Henderson. Clark County did away with the "blue card" mandatory handgun registration law where you had to register all of the handguns that you owned with Metro, which is both a police department and a sheriff's department with huge jurisdiction.

Back
Top Bottom