• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Private daycare question in Mass

Has any parent received a letter from their private home/group daycare stating that their are firearms in the house where the daycare is. I am not talking about large center, obviously details are firearms in safes, all Mass laws followed, bla bla bla...

Interesting. I have no personal experience, but apparently they are obligated to notify the state that firearms are in the daycare:

(c) Notification of Firearms. The licensee must notify the Department whenever afirearm is brought into the family child care home.

Not only do they have to contact Dept/state. appears every time a firearm is purchased they need to contact both Dept/state as well as parents of children being cared for. Interesting that no one has ever received notice.

Not only do they have to contact Dept/state. appears every time a firearm is purchased they need to contact both Dept/state as well as parents of children being cared for. Interesting that no one has ever received notice.

Like teaser said, no home daycare is crazy enough to do it.

It's amazing how many obscure rules/laws there are trying to chip away at our 2A rights.

My neighbor run's a daycare that she started up last year. They notified their clients that her husband is Licensed and there are firearms in the home secured & locked, and nobody cared.

If anything, people in my neck of the woods (Erving) know you are not a scumbag when you have a LTC.

Back
Top Bottom