printing in public in Mass. problems

I have open carried several times and never had a problem. As a rule, I don’t do it because I don’t like
Attention, but it is legal and most places outside libtard havens nobody cares.

My backyard is a state park. It’s miles of woods and trails. I’ve seen quite a few guys open carrying on my walks. Nobody cares dude.

Sure they can. They can refuse to accept your LTC as facially valid and confiscate the gun, for return after you show up at the station. This happened to an attorney in Springfield, and the court sided with the PD and accepted the argument that the officer could not tell if the LTC was valid and was therefore justified in seizing the gun. They can also send a report of the incident to the issuing authority for a suitability review (and don't think that Simkin will protect you at this level).
What pile of horse shit. This state is f***ed up.

Sure they can. They can refuse to accept your LTC as facially valid and confiscate the gun, for return after you show up at the station. This happened to an attorney in Springfield, and the court sided with the PD and accepted the argument that the officer could not tell if the LTC was valid and was therefore justified in seizing the gun. They can also send a report of the incident to the issuing authority for a suitability review (and don't think that Simkin will protect you at this level).

How can the town/state not accept their own issued LTC as valid? Who fakes an LTC?

Presumably he also had a driver's license to prove it was him, and that a quick call to *someone* would confirm that his LTC was valid, not expired, etc. Were there extenuating circumstances?

That actually had to go to court??

Other than having his gun 'seized' what did he do to have his suitability called into question? Officer of the court, yada yada...

How can the town/state not accept their own issued LTC as valid? Who fakes an LTC?

Presumably he also had a driver's license to prove it was him, and that a quick call to *someone* would confirm that his LTC was valid, not expired, etc. Were there extenuating circumstances?

Other than having his gun 'seized' what did he do to have his suitability called into question? Officer of the court, yada yada...
All that had to be done, was. Take the info from the LTC, and look it up. What is so hard about that? Call it in !

wait, or look at it, if it's good give it back.

1602006017796.png

Cheese and cracks !!

I pocket carry a lot and people don't look. I do remember one time I was trying an Urban Carry II holster at work. Work is one of those places where I really don't want the hassle of anybody noticing, and as I was walking towards my office, there was this coworker who had his eyes glued to my belt. I don't think he knew what it was, but at that moment I realized this "deep concealment" was total sh*t if it attracts "WTF is that?" kind of attention.

Untitled.jpg

It did not have to go, as the attorney got his gun back. He tried to prove a point in court and was given a lesson in who has power and who does not.

I do know someone who was completely shaken down in Lowell, went into a store, jacket rode up a little, was out pumping gas and local police basically decended on him - went to the extent of removing his magazine & chambered round, gave him shit, then basically told him to smarten up and left. Guy was lead to assume the law is basically concealed.

But I concur. I live right on the mass line, most shoppers here are from mass. When I'm on that kinda mood I shop with a full size on my hip. Nobody seems to think anything of it. Either they just know it's NH or they assume anyone doing that must be "legit" but it generates no attention.

I pocket carry a lot and people don't look. I do remember one time I was trying an Urban Carry II holster at work. Work is one of those places where I really don't want the hassle of anybody noticing, and as I was walking towards my office, there was this coworker who had his eyes glued to my belt. I don't think he knew what it was, but at that moment I realized this "deep concealment" was total sh*t if it attracts "WTF is that?" kind of attention.

View attachment 564774
Probibly trying to see if your junk was printing.

What's with all the nervous nelly posts lately? Printing? Carrying a pre ban? Especially printing, who gives a shit. What's next, is it legal to cross draw? How about, can I carry reloads in my gun, that has a pre ban mag, while I wear my under armor rash guard over the top of it.

Get one of those hand rifles like @andrew1220 carry it appendix. Everyone will think your johnson is huge!

My advice, if you are that worried about these things, don't bother carrying.

I try and not wear spandex showing moose knuckle in public is not a good look even if it's legal.

O guns wgaf if your gun is printing 99.998 % of people wouldn't notice

In a few months OP, you'll be banging and clunking that coat/pocket carrying piece around in restaurant sitting booths and laughing about it.
So much pocket lint in mine, last time I racked the slide it got stuck.....guess I ought to fix that.

Paul (lazy old complacent pocket carrier)

a few years back, I was patronizing a sandwich shop and two dudes came in to order. Both looked like bangers, both had easily seen pistols sticking out of IWBs. Some observant worker called the Po-Po and hilarity ensued. Both were undercover BPD detectives. This was in Natick.
If I see someone printing, I call the PoPo and tell them that person pulled a gun on me.

Then I sit back and laugh.

(Relax people, I am kidding).

I had 3 “printing” issues
#1 was on the T and a older MBTA cop said
“Might want to clean that up a bit “ pointing to my left side , my shirt had really bunched up and got hung up on the holster. Nothing came of it
#2 took my shirt off at hospital -pre “omg no weapons” shit
#3 had a mall security guy come up to me and pointed to my side and said “no weapons” I pointed to the bulge and said thats a colonoscopy bag .
The look on his face was priceless

For a few years my pistol set off the alarm at BJs Wholesale . That was always fun

I have had very few people ever mention it, but last week my shirt road up while bending over grabbing a cigar at the local gas station/ convenience store, and I didn't notice. The guy behind me said "Hey buddy, you might want to cover that up"
So I said "oh, thanks" and he said " what's that a Glock?" and I said "Why do I look retarded" and he goes "Hey, I'm carrying a 43!" to which I said "Sorry to hear that"
By then I was up at the counter and the cashier/owner who I see often, heard the whole thing and goes "Glock 19 for me" and patted his hip, kinda chuckling. I said "Jesus, you guys are everywhere!"
But I don't live in Wilmington.

Happened to me a few months ago, shirt rode up and got stuck behind grip (actually got out of the car that way). I was carrying AIWB & had a jacket on so the only people who could see it were those directly in front of me staring down towards my junk. I think one guy in the store noticed because he had this weird goofy grin/smile going and kept looking me up & down. I do like AIWB [partly] because it mostly limits people who are directly in front of you from seeing it, and you can tell when/where they're staring.

I stopped worrying about it a decade ago. Most of the people will just assume it is a cellphone.
Same, I barely gaf anymore.

I hate seeing posts like these. It just shows how browbeaten gun owners in this state are. It is really sad that it has gotten to this point.
More likely a new gun owner rather than a beat down one.

This is one kind of weird advantage of living in MA. For the average MA inmate, the idea of someone carrying doesn’t even enter their heads. During the colder months I always carry a P229 OWB under a vest or sweater. I’ve lost count of the number of times the gun has either printed or been exposed and absolutely no one has noticed. As a new LTC owner carrying for the first time, you're more likely to be noticed for constantly checking you gun to see if it is still concealed or is even still there. Just ignore it, everyone else does.

Don't hang that on us, man. We don't want 'em either.

Separately - @Rob Boudrie, who was the case (maybe in Springfield?) where someone had his suit jacket blow open on the street? I think they came to a similar decision to Simkin...
It was an attorney, and I don't think there were charges or a revocation - just a confiscation based on "looks like an LTC, smells like and LTC, I can't tell if it valid by looking at it, so I'm taking it to the station and you can come down and sort it out".

He sued (there was no conviction or revocation to appeal) and lost, with court siding with the officer.

(all from memory, someone please correct me if I am wrong about any details)

While returning to my truck after a day of deer hunting in western MA a few years ago, I was approached by an EPO and asked for hunting license and LTC. My 870 was empty, slung over my shoulder with action open and a box of Winchester 1 oz slugs in my jacket pocket. I told him that I didn't hold an LTC but an FID instead. I handed him the license and FID. I figured he would ask for the 870 as well, to hold for "officer safety" reasons. My FID showed me wearing a light colored short sleeve shirt. That day, I was wearing winter clothing, orange vest and orange wool hat. He looked at the photo and asked if it was really me. I assured him that it was. He laughed and sent me on my way. He could have checked the validity of my FID, my driver's license, my truck's registration and BOP record in a matter of minutes on his patrol vehicle's laptop.

a few years back, I was patronizing a sandwich shop and two dudes came in to order. Both looked like bangers, both had easily seen pistols sticking out of IWBs. Some observant worker called the Po-Po and hilarity ensued. Both were undercover BPD detectives. This was in Natick.
Well screw that guy. Rat.

Back
Top Bottom