• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Print your Aimpoint® Zeroing Target

Reptile

NES Member
Print your Aimpoint® Zeroing Target

It will save you time and ammunition at the shooting range!
This zeroing target helps you to zero your sight in a very easy way while you're at the shooting range.
Compared to regular shooting targets, zeroing with the Aimpoint zeroing target - is more precise and it will save you time and ammunition at the shooting range.
You no longer have to estimate the number of clicks needed to zero the sight. Each square equals a pre-determined number of click adjustments at a certain distance (25m, 50m or 100m). You will save many shots at the range.

There is a zeroing target available for each sight model in the current Aimpoint product line.
Just print the appropriate zeroing target, which is available in Lettersize pdf format, and bring it with you to the shooting range.
If you need further instruction about how to zero your sight, please select the alternative below which suits You best:

Step by step - with Aimpoint zeroing target

Animation - with standard shooting target

http://www.aimpoint.com/us/handling/zeroing-targets/

----

I just found this. Wish I had this when I first got my site. Would have save some grief...

This is like marksmanship 101.

You simply think in inches- minutes - clicks.

If you are off 3 inches at 25 yards. You start with 3 inches. at 25 yards 1 inch = 4 minues so 12 minutes. If the sight uses half minute clicks, then you need 36 clicks.
This is basic stuff. You don't need a special aimpoint target to do this.

This is like marksmanship 101. You simply think in inches- minutes - clicks. If you are off 3 inches at 25 yards. You start with 3 inches. at 25 yards 1 inch = 4 minues so 12 minutes. If the sight uses half minute clicks, then you need 36 clicks. This is basic stuff. You don't need a special aimpoint target to do this.
True, but not everyone knows that. Even though it is fairly basic, I was never taught it.

I need to get a decent optic... Borrowing one from a friend for a little bit

This is like marksmanship 101.

You simply think in inches- minutes - clicks.

If you are off 3 inches at 25 yards. You start with 3 inches. at 25 yards 1 inch = 4 minues so 12 minutes. If the sight uses half minute clicks, then you need 36 clicks.
This is basic stuff. You don't need a special aimpoint target to do this.

Yes, but it's handy... and free!

True, but not everyone knows that. Even though it is fairly basic, I was never taught it.

I need to get a decent optic... Borrowing one from a friend for a little bit

Better you spend $50 and go to an appleseed and learn these fundamentals than you spend the rest of your life thinking you need a special target to sight in your optic with any degree of precision.

Buy a man a zero target and he zeros once. Teach a man to zero and he zeros for life.

Better you spend $50 and go to an appleseed and learn these fundamentals than you spend the rest of your life thinking you need a special target to sight in your optic with any degree of precision. Buy a man a zero target and he zeros once. Teach a man to zero and he zeros for life.

So you're saying I shouldn't just put a target at 25 yards, pull the trigger, spin the dial a bit, pull the trigger again, adjust [laugh]

At least I can hit small steel at 200 yards with my Mosin and a friends PSL with iron sights. Not a huge feat but I must be doing something right considering I haven't had a single day of training.

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying that a fancy special target is not necessary.

i'm saying that a little bit of knowledge allows you to turn any target into a zeroing target with nothing more than a ruler or tape measure.
I'm not saying that just shooting and spinning dials doesn't work. It works great. But you will burn through more ammo than someone who either uses the special target or understands how to go from inches to minutes to clicks. The end result is the same either way. The gun is zero'd.

By the way. I don't care how good you are.

you would be BETTER if you learned the fundamentals.

And learning doesn't require "training" Whether it was via Appleseed or watching youtube videos in combination with disciplined repetition, its still learning.
Most people aren't that disciplined. So a day of instruction is usually productive and fun.

If you already know what NPOA is, for example, then thats great. Use it.

I used to enjoy Aimpoint's complete lack of information. My ML3 Users Manual , one page , said something like

" Insert battery. Turn it on. In a few years replace the battery, unless you're one of those people who insists on turning it off when not in use. If so , wait a few more years before replacing battery. Use both eyes , its faster. And oh , yeah : 1 click is a quarter inch at 100 yards. "

Use any quarter inch grid paper at 25 yards and you don't even need a ruler.

Back
Top Bottom