• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Primers

does anyone know where I can get primers? Either Local I live in Douglas unfortunately MA or online. I am looking for sm. pistol, lg. pistol, sm. rifle PM me

Thanks

Last edited:
We can't tell you where to order to have it shipped to you. We have rules against that.

But... here's a hint:

Order them from a place like Cabelas, and have them shipped to their store. Order in units of 5,000 pcs (case qty) to save hazMat fees.

They'll handle any size order you place, and a quick drive to either Hartford or Scarborough will fix you up with all the primers you need.

I have posted elsewhere some other suggestions for how to get them from your local gun shop.

DON'T just drive around, hoping to find any though. You'd just be wasting gas.......

We can't tell you where to order to have it shipped to you. We have rules against that.

But... here's a hint:

Order them from a place like Cabelas, and have them shipped to their store. Order in units of 5,000 pcs (case qty) to save hazMat fees.

They'll handle any size order you place, and a quick drive to either Hartford or Scarborough will fix you up with all the primers you need.

I have posted elsewhere some other suggestions for how to get them from your local gun shop.

DON'T just drive around, hoping to find any though. You'd just be wasting gas.......

Cabelas won't ship powder or primers to the store.

??? Does it get teleported to them?

no they ship to the store for resale but they won't do an instore pickup on powder and primers. it's ok to have live ammo shipped for instore pickup....makes no sense to me but that's their policy.....Smart Azz...[wink]

no they ship to the store for resale but they won't do an instore pickup on powder and primers. it's ok to have live ammo shipped for instore pickup....makes no sense to me but that's their policy.....Smart Azz

Powder and primers have to arrive by hazmat shipment. It may be that they are setup for hazmat shipping on their bulk store orders, but are not set up to do hazmat for individual custom orders that probably arrive via UPS. The person on the shipping end needs to comply with all sorts of requirement for UPS hazmat shipping, and their custom order system may not be set up to support that.

M4bushy is right about Cabela's not having store pick up on primers. Hoffman's in Newington and Riverview in East Windsor and Anthony's Collectibles in Windsor Locks do have a limited supply. My advise is to order enough for your own use and not hoard them. Like the ammo shortage, the primer shortage was caused by eveyone hoarding them. This is what drove the price up. Call ahead... Windsor Locks Gunner

no they ship to the store for resale but they won't do an instore pickup on powder and primers. it's ok to have live ammo shipped for instore pickup....makes no sense to me but that's their policy.....Smart Azz...[wink]

A whole lotta places won't take orders for ammo, powder, primers etc from anyone with a Massachusetts billing address on their card regardless where it is getting shipped. I had to get a bank card with my NH place address in order to get stuff shipped up there.

would anyone mind sparing 20-30 primers in the mass/Nh area? will pay whatever you want. i just bought a kit and have been waiting to get some primers but no one around has them.

20-30 primers?

That's about five minutes of reloading, and 2 minutes of shooting.

At least ask for a sleeve of 100. If I were close enough, I'd give you some primers. If you wanna drive to Maine, I can hook you up.

would anyone mind sparing 20-30 primers in the mass/Nh area? will pay whatever you want. i just bought a kit and have been waiting to get some primers but no one around has them.

Where are you located and what size primers do you want?

FYI, Riley's has primers of just about every size in stock. Drive up and get a box. FYI, they do limit customers to 1,000 primers of each size per customer.

Where are you located and what size primers do you want?

FYI, Riley's has primers of just about every size in stock. Drive up and get a box. FYI, they do limit customers to 1,000 primers of each size per customer.

small handgun primers, where is rileys?

Back
Top Bottom