Primers...opportunity missed...

Paleoman

NES Member
For my first reloading, I bought primers at Shooters Outpost a few months ago. They didn't have CCI, recommended in the manuals, but had Fiocchi.

There was a case (15k?) on sale, but I wasn't sure of them, so I just got a box of 1500 for $40.

Today, I wanted to get more. They had no CCI, no Fiocchi, an only 5 boxes of Remington at $35 for 1000 for small pistol primers. I just bought 2 boxes to last me for a while. Wish I had taken advantage of the case. :(

I guess I'm learning to buy in bulk on sales and really stock up. Didn't realize how hard it is to get some of the supplies.

Lesson learned.

sent from my phone.

Yeah you definitely needed to gather components prior to today lol. It was only a matter of time before they start drying up. Though I'd imagine they may get more? Also try Cabelas.

Edit: nevermind I saw you live in NH. Bass Pro maybe? Though I suspect their prices will be awful.

Live in NH mail order.
Find a few others to split a order... Group buy per say.

I just split a powder order with a few people.
Added 11$ each to the 8 8# jugs.
We saved on average 36$ per jug.
Primers we bought a few months ago. Winchester where on sale for 27.50/1000 shipped
We by the max they will ship and split it up. 50,000 primers or 5 cases.
Shipping is about 50$ with hazmat.

When the wolf primers where in stock for 16.50 I stocked up on those!

Yeah you definitely needed to gather components prior to today lol. It was only a matter of time before they start drying up. Though I'd imagine they may get more? Also try Cabelas.

Edit: nevermind I saw you live in NH. Bass Pro maybe? Though I suspect their prices will be awful.

Bass Pro doesn't sell primers in bulk. They only ever have packs of 100.

Riley's was fairly well stocked last time I was in there.
Good to know about Bass. I've been in there a few times, but not for reloading items. They seem to be expensive, for everything I've looked at.

Live in NH mail order.
Find a few others to split a order... Group buy per say.

I just split a powder order with a few people.
Added 11$ each to the 8 8# jugs.
We saved on average 36$ per jug.
Primers we bought a few months ago. Winchester where on sale for 27.50/1000 shipped
We by the max they will ship and split it up. 50,000 primers or 5 cases.
Shipping is about 50$ with hazmat.

When the wolf primers where in stock for 16.50 I stocked up on those!

Great idea! I'll need to find people to split. I bought 8 lbs of powder from Shooters Outpost and saved $50 over the 1 lb container. I need to get bulk for primers, and getting multiples, splitting with others sounds like a real way to save.

Great idea! I'll need to find people to split. I bought 8 lbs of powder from Shooters Outpost and saved $50 over the 1 lb container. I need to get bulk for primers, and getting multiples, splitting with others sounds like a real way to save.

Mail order is only good in bulk because powder and primers have a HAZMAT fee off 26$ per order be it 1k primers or 50k or 1# powder or 6-8# jugs. Then the actually shipping cost.

Savings is all over the the place. There is not to many places to get powder with in 1hr drive of me to begin with. The closest place does not have a lot of 8# choices. The powder I bought in the group buy cost 229$ local and 178shipped.

Maybe trump will open up trade with Russian and we can get more wolf primers in at almost half of what the U.S. manufactures offer...
Maybe trump can do something about the cost of manufacturing in the U.S. so prices can come down to my pay grade...
Maybe trump can help powder manufacturing in the U.S. expand so we don't have to get most of our powder from Australia and Canada.

Maybe trump will open up trade with Russian and we can get more wolf primers in at almost half of what the U.S. manufactures offer...
Maybe trump can do something about the cost of manufacturing in the U.S. so prices can come down to my pay grade...
Maybe trump can help powder manufacturing in the U.S. expand so we don't have to get most of our powder from Australia and Canada.

That's what I'm hoping. Pretty much all the russian guns I'd be interested in won't be available in MA, but other stuff could.

How much was that 12k case of Fiocchi primers? I bought one of those months ago but I forget what I paid. I wanna say it was like 274.99

How much was that 12k case of Fiocchi primers? I bought one of those months ago but I forget what I paid. I wanna say it was like 274.99
It was under $300. Shooter's mentioned that they get those case deals occasionally, but right now they don't have any Fiocchi. Some issue with getting them.

Riley's had a ton of CCI small pistol primers, but no specials or bulk quantities, so no discount.

I've got enough to last for a while. Will try to buy bulk when I get an opportunity and stock up.

sent from my phone.

I got some CCI SPP and LPP from Cabale's right after xmas when they had free shipping for orders over $150 and waived Hazmat fee. Was $30.32 and $30.33 a box each.

sent from my phone.

Call Cabelas, it is full of primers right now. I was at the one in MA last night and they had it all except for LR Magnum.

I stopped by Cabelas in CT on my way back from NY 2-3 weeks ago and they were also stocked, and even had Large Rifle Magnum.

Back
Top Bottom