Primer problem

falcon123

NES Member
Recently I started having trouble priming certain brand of brass. It seems that the primer pocket is too tight. The remington brass which is what I normally use is no problem. Using Remington primers.

20151129_113252.jpg

That's crimped brass. What are doing to remove the crimp? I recommend not swaging and using a countersink bit.

Be aware that case on the right may or may not fire due to how that cup is deformed. If that's training ammo I'd keep it, if it's set aside, bet your life on it ammo I'd throw that one in the trash.

That's crimped brass. What are doing to remove the crimp? I recommend not swaging and using a countersink bit.

Be aware that case on the right may or may not fire due to how that cup is deformed. If that's training ammo I'd keep it, if it's set aside, bet your life on it ammo I'd throw that one in the trash.

I'm not doing anything to it. I threw those in the trash. What size countersink should I use? Would a slightly larger drill bit work?

The super swage works well for me, although its expensive for what it is. What also works in a pinch is if you use the pointy end of the chamfer/deburring tool to just grind the crimp out.

I have the same thing.

Didn't really use it that much for whatever reason.

I bought it because I had something like 2 5 gallon bucket fulls of brass at the time.

Back
Top Bottom