• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Primer prices skyrocketing

I've been carefully following primer availability and prices on a couple of sites and just noticed a massive price spike on primers. Federals are now up to $47.99 at Cabela's, and CCI is up to $35.12 at Natchez (ftr, neither ship to MA).

Anyone else seeing this?

I wish there were primers avail to see price increases on.......if they were avail people would buy them

(referring specifically to cci mil/hardened primers)

I've been carefully following primer availability and prices on a couple of sites and just noticed a massive price spike on primers. Federals are now up to $47.99 at Cabela's, and CCI is up to $35.12 at Natchez (ftr, neither ship to MA).

Anyone else seeing this?

is that for one primer cap or 10? .. if yes, I need to sell some.

I bought CCI sp primers at Shooters Outpost a week or so ago for $31. They had a bunch. I also bought a box of Winchester small rifle at Zenks in Whitinsville Saturday for $40. He had maybe 8 more boxes of assorted primers left.

biggest jump I have seen from my favorite vendor is wolf primers 16.50 to 27.50 when they came back in stock and they sold out in minutes.......

I have seen no such price increases other than the war profiteering (or free market capitalism) many shops are engaging in. Finding bullets is the task of the day now...

biggest jump I have seen from my favorite vendor is wolf primers 16.50 to 27.50 when they came back in stock and they sold out in minutes.......

$39/k for CCI small rifle at Shooters Outpost today, a bunch just came in. $31/k for wolf small rifle at Rileys. No limits from what I could see on either of those. Rileys still doing 500 primer limits on everything but the Wolf stuff.. they had CCI small and large pistol.

A "new normal" pricing always emerges after each shortage which is generally less than the opportunistic prices you see during the shortage, but more than the pre-crisis pricing.

A big problem with retail shops and primers is that the shop cost is generally the same you can get primers from the "big names" in on-line component sales. Combine that with the fact that shops generally try to mark up small items by a minimum of 25%-35% and you have in the store prices that seem excessive even in normal times.

When I walk into a LGS and see the cases just a bout empty I feel bad for the shop owner. He can not get product to fill them.

Sadly for a long time most lgs I'm my area do not have what I want on the shelves period.....on local shop is showing big promise though. Was doing very well on inventory before the mess......but is slowly getting stuff in.
Out back arms in plympton mass....

Back
Top Bottom