• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

primer loading?

Webster. Been to HELL and back A few times
I was looking for advice about a separate loader just for priming I have one that came on my redding t-7 turret press I don't have one for my forster co-ax press can anybody recomend a could primer loader thank you.
I just realized that my forster co ax does come with one I would still like info on if I should just stay with whats on the loaders themselves or separate loaders

Last edited:
I've used the same RCBS bench tool since the first day I started reloading some 35 years ago, and never felt a need for anything different. It's still going strong - I couldn't begin to count how many tens of thousands of primers I've seated with the thing.

Here's the current version: http://tinyurl.com/6jjhte

It uses the same standard shellholders that fit onto the press.

I've been using the same Lee Auto Prime for about 15 years now - I like it. One downside of the Lee is that it doesn't use standard shellholders - not that the set from Lee is overly expensive, but it is one more thing for me to lose on the bench.

The clear plastic cover is pretty scratched up, but that's the only sign of wear on it. After using one for a while, you figure out what loose primer holes in your brass feels like. According to the manual LEE AUTO PRIME MANUAL you shouldn't use Federal primers in it. I don't use Federals anyway, mostly CCI and some Winchester. So far, no issues.

I hadn't looked at the RCBS priming tools before - that bench one looks really nice, and their hand tool doesn't require it's own set of shellholders and doesn't have any warnings about primer types. I'm not sure that the RCBS hand primer would work well for a lefty, but I am going to see if I can find them both locally so I can play with them.

priming

KMM:I have loaded federal since I got the lee.They warn every one because feds are more sensitive than others.and there are alot of butchers out there.some people break every thing.when one cannot make something work they throw a 6 cavity mould against the wall and then throw it away.it was posted on one site.actually I had a shell holder for the press and since lee did not have that one for the primer seater I took a RCBS and cut the bottom off with a cut off wheel.lee shell holders are half the price of any others.and the Bonanza you have to buy shell holders for priming any way.[rolleyes][wink][smile][laugh2]

I've used the same RCBS bench tool since the first day I started reloading some 35 years ago, and never felt a need for anything different. It's still going strong - I couldn't begin to count how many tens of thousands of primers I've seated with the thing.

Here's the current version: http://tinyurl.com/6jjhte

It uses the same standard shellholders that fit onto the press.

Ditto.

Back
Top Bottom