• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Primer and powder storage.

Have about 90,000 primers just sitting on my workbench, and been sitting for the past 10 years. zero issues.

Have about 150# of smokeless and Black powder just sitting on a shelf also sitting for the past 10 years. ZERO issues.

No need to create a solution to a non-existent problem.
I was told it’s because both of these are non-hygroscopic materials (do not absorb water)…that’s why you have to use oil to ‘kill’ primers.

I was told it’s because both of these are non-hygroscopic materials (do not absorb water)…that’s why you have to use oil to ‘kill’ primers.
I never found the need to "kill' a primer.

Bullets can be pulled safely and powder dumped. Why is there any need to kill a primer?

I never found the need to "kill' a primer.

Bullets can be pulled safely and powder dumped. Why is there any need to kill a primer?
I’ve deformed a few in my press from time to time.. I’ve never used the oil method myself…I like using a hammer (I’m basically a 12 year old).

Lol no I’m good. Thanks though.
I was just asking if it was TB that you sold to Broc as I know that’s a tough powder to get since it hasn’t been produced in 2 years
Don’t lie…you just don’t want his icky basement powder because it wasn’t cryogenically sealed and stored in a no humidity desert laboratory.

Don’t lie…you just don’t want his icky basement powder because it wasn’t cryogenically sealed and stored in a no humidity desert laboratory.
🤣 🤣 hey Broc is the one who vacuum seals his powder. I’m surprised he bought it 😂

Unobtanium was the keyword used, lol. Pretty sure I have some in my basement too somewhere, but who knows where.

I finally found my boxes full of primers. Kinda funny to think I have close to $6,000 worth in two boxes at current market value.

If I lose my job, I can still live here for another 3-4 months if I sell them all for $100/1k.

finally found my boxes full of primers. Kinda funny to think I have close to $6,000 worth in two boxes
(sight). holy sh$t.
:)

ps. searched my basement trying to find something - nada. no bags of nigerian diamonds, no primers, not even long lost box of 308 cases. :(

:)

Last edited:
Unobtanium was the keyword used, lol. Pretty sure I have some in my basement too somewhere, but who knows where.

I finally found my boxes full of primers. Kinda funny to think I have close to $6,000 worth in two boxes at current market value.

If I lose my job, I can still live here for another 3-4 months if I sell them all for $100/1k.

During the absolute ceiling of the primer panic when guys were paying $175+ a brick , i too was seriously thinking about selling off some of my stash. Then i abruptly smacked myself in the face a bunch of times and resumed my long term retirement plan of independent , un-influenced shooting enjoyment

If people are truly concerned about moisture, I offer this:
A few years ago one of my bead-filled dehumidifers wore out (you could recharge them but they turned color in a day so shot).
Instead of buying another one, for about the same price I bought a big jug of reusable dessicant beads from Amazon and refilled it.
Then I started making homemade dehumidifiers out of various containers. I gave away jars of beads to a few other ppl as well and I still have a ton left.
You can basically have a dehumidifiers of various sized everywhere you want.

Back
Top Bottom