Primer and powder storage.

Have about 90,000 primers just sitting on my workbench, and been sitting for the past 10 years. zero issues.

Have about 150# of smokeless and Black powder just sitting on a shelf also sitting for the past 10 years. ZERO issues.

No need to create a solution to a non-existent problem.
I was told it’s because both of these are non-hygroscopic materials (do not absorb water)…that’s why you have to use oil to ‘kill’ primers.

I was told it’s because both of these are non-hygroscopic materials (do not absorb water)…that’s why you have to use oil to ‘kill’ primers.
I never found the need to "kill' a primer.

Bullets can be pulled safely and powder dumped. Why is there any need to kill a primer?

I never found the need to "kill' a primer.

Bullets can be pulled safely and powder dumped. Why is there any need to kill a primer?
I’ve deformed a few in my press from time to time.. I’ve never used the oil method myself…I like using a hammer (I’m basically a 12 year old).

Lol no I’m good. Thanks though.
I was just asking if it was TB that you sold to Broc as I know that’s a tough powder to get since it hasn’t been produced in 2 years
Don’t lie…you just don’t want his icky basement powder because it wasn’t cryogenically sealed and stored in a no humidity desert laboratory.

Don’t lie…you just don’t want his icky basement powder because it wasn’t cryogenically sealed and stored in a no humidity desert laboratory.
🤣 🤣 hey Broc is the one who vacuum seals his powder. I’m surprised he bought it 😂

Unobtanium was the keyword used, lol. Pretty sure I have some in my basement too somewhere, but who knows where.

I finally found my boxes full of primers. Kinda funny to think I have close to $6,000 worth in two boxes at current market value.

If I lose my job, I can still live here for another 3-4 months if I sell them all for $100/1k.

finally found my boxes full of primers. Kinda funny to think I have close to $6,000 worth in two boxes
(sight). holy sh$t.
:)

ps. searched my basement trying to find something - nada. no bags of nigerian diamonds, no primers, not even long lost box of 308 cases. :(

:)

Last edited:
Unobtanium was the keyword used, lol. Pretty sure I have some in my basement too somewhere, but who knows where.

I finally found my boxes full of primers. Kinda funny to think I have close to $6,000 worth in two boxes at current market value.

If I lose my job, I can still live here for another 3-4 months if I sell them all for $100/1k.

During the absolute ceiling of the primer panic when guys were paying $175+ a brick , i too was seriously thinking about selling off some of my stash. Then i abruptly smacked myself in the face a bunch of times and resumed my long term retirement plan of independent , un-influenced shooting enjoyment

If people are truly concerned about moisture, I offer this:
A few years ago one of my bead-filled dehumidifers wore out (you could recharge them but they turned color in a day so shot).
Instead of buying another one, for about the same price I bought a big jug of reusable dessicant beads from Amazon and refilled it.
Then I started making homemade dehumidifiers out of various containers. I gave away jars of beads to a few other ppl as well and I still have a ton left.
You can basically have a dehumidifiers of various sized everywhere you want.

Back
Top Bottom