Primary Elections in Mass are TODAY - September 6th 2012

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I found this out from an NRA email blast.

I missed that article in the GOAL newsletter. My fault.

It is clear who to vote for (for districts that ARE voting) thanks to the NRA email and the GOAL newsletter links.

Granted that most GOAL people are also NRA members, but I think GOAL should have this on their front page and sent out an email blast specifically for this election.

Find your district:
http://maps.massgis.state.ma.us/legisdistrict/pages/main.jsp

GOAL Ratings:
http://goal.org/senateratings.html

http://goal.org/houseratings.html

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been saving up a rant about this all week. I'll spare you the long version.

If you want to see what's wrong with politics, and MA politics in particular, look at all three ballots. In my district (Framingham/Ashland) the Democrat ballot has one in each office, all unopposed. The Republican ticket has Brown, three guys fighting to run against Markey, and all other slots open. The Green ballot(!) has no one running for any seat.

This is what Massachusetts considers political diversity? Why bother showing up?

Anyone, anyone in this state, Who tries to argue that there is a diversity of opinion, robust intellectual and political discourse, or anything remotely resembling political choice, is full of ****.

Even Brown, who I support, is, IMHO, left of center on the political continuum, and listening to or reading people trying to demonize him as this right wing radical is offensive in their absurdity.

This place is a god-damned bubble of self-satisfied intellectual lightweights who have never had a single one of their ideas challenged, and whose only practical riposte is ad hominem or straw man attacks.

ETA: I'm not saying I'm thrilled with Brown, just that he's better than Warren, but pile on if you want to.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Just voted. Not a lot of info available on the three fifth district challengers, I hate voting on the short blurbs they got on the local paper websites.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Franklin and Medway House (10th Norfolk district) - C. Stolle Singleton.
One of the few who believes in the Constitution.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
the wife and i went to vote after work. it was 5:15 when we voted and i looked at the counter on the ballot box and it was on 96. that is in ten hours and that is an average of 9.6 voters per hour. this shows just how most people feel about their priviledge of voting (not that it matters here in commie land).

bob

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Actually, your vote usually doesn't count. I guess you don't have to pass basic math for the Peabody Police?
If our votes didn't count, Martha Coakley would be the senator from Massachusetts.

I voted in the primary and I'm 11,000 miles away. No excuses.

Fixxah

NES Member
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
I missed my first vote of any kind that I can remember. If there were overide questions on the ballot, the signage would have been everywhere. Not a single sign any place in town.

pastera

NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Voted last night at ~7:45 - vote counter was 219 after I send my ballot through

The old guy who handed me a ballot had democrat ballot in hand and looked a little put off when I told him I wanted a republican ballot. The number of seats going unapposed is disappointing.

If I had a thought filter between the "you're an $$$hole" brain center and my mouth I would run - Maybe I should throw my hat in just to add some levity and/or sanity to the whole freak show.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And you'd lose by a 2-1 margin because most of the people in this state are robots who vote for whichever candidate has the D next to their name. You would get some of the vote, just because there are enough disgusted people who would vote against the other person, but actually running a successful campaign on the Republican ticket in MA would be difficult and expensive, not least because most people aren't paying attention to local races and are happy pulling the same lever time and again.

Insanity: noun def- performing the same action repeatedly and expecting a different outcome. Ex MA Democratic voters.

Horrible

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Nobody is going to be my Communist Congressman, Mr. McGovern. I don't even know if the Republicans are even going to put up a challanger this year.

There were several good Republicans in 2010 in a hotly contested primary, but Lamb lost big in the general election.

I guess it doesn't matter much if the Republicans retain majority in the House, which they should.

It would be nice to see Beilat and Tisei win.

Top Bottom