Prices, Prices, and Prices OH MY!

Went to Collectors on Thursday and noticed that they had WWB in .40 S&W for 24.99/50 rounds. WTF...it used to be like 16.99 for 50 rounds. I understand there is a major shortgage in ammo, but if target/range ammo went up that much in price god only knows how much self defense ammo is gonna cost per 25 or 50 rounds.

Looks like .22lr is going to become the hot new item, kinda like Reebok pumps back in the day, With other caliber prices that high for 50 rounds who the hell can afford to even shoot?[thinking] Glad I picked up a P22 when I did. Looks like a Sig Mosquito may be next on my list. At least I can pick up 1000 rounds of .22lr for 38 bucks[smile]

I've only been at this shooting stuff for about six months. At first I loved the bang-bang-bang of loud shots and rapid fire. OK... I still do sometimes.

But now I'm finding my interests are in shooting accurately. I'm trying to learn to shoot really accurately. And I can do that cheaply with 22 cal.

I still bring along an AR or 9mm pistol or .308 rifle for fun. I still like shooting those.

But there is nothing wrong with shooting 22's.

FYI I met a former national champ at the range. He is also a former black ops kinda guy. We were asking him about shooting long distance rifle. He said he trains shooting 22 rifle at 100 yards. He claims it is good training for shooting .308 at 600 yards.

YMMV.

Cheers,

Rich

I had similar sticker shock when I went to NET recently. PRVI Partisan in a battle pack of 200 rounds was selling for around $108 before tax. Not all that long ago I think they had it for around $80 or so. I ended up buying individual boxes of Federal M193 because it was actually cheaper buying the 200 rounds that way. With tax it came to around $105ish. I think that 22lr is going to be my staple for a while.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom