• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Price on CMP M1 carbines...

Hmm, that's what I expected. Hope they post the other prices too before 4/30 so folks can decide with full info on what to order vs. wait for.

They never had 20 rounds magazines. The had 15 round magazines but the buying frenzy has started and the price has jumped. I picked a few up weeks back for about $12 per mag. They were brand new but since then the vendor has sold out.

Theres usually a good number of original mags at shows. I bought 3 fifteen rounders for $5 each a while back still in the old crusty paper which was very hard to get off but preserved them enough to keep them mint.

They never had 20 rounds magazines. The had 15 round magazines but the buying frenzy has started and the price has jumped. I picked a few up weeks back for about $12 per mag. They were brand new but since then the vendor has sold out.

Oops, my bad I'm not a carbine guy...[wink]

The 20 rounders are an aftermarket creation. Original M1 mags are 15 rd and the M2 mags are 30 rounds (and both are interchangeable)

I think 495 for a good to very good condition Inland is absolutely fine and hope to get the cash to order one in the month or so before the release. The market price will probably bottom out while they're available but a few years from now it'll be higher than ever.

Just in case everyone did not get the email.

Email from CMP

LATEST CMP SALES NEWS - 23 MAR 2007.

M1 CARBINE SALES. We have started the inspection of the M1 Carbines that were recently transferred to the CMP. Because the carbines were received with the bolts removed and many are in heavy preservative, the process is taking longer than expected. We will begin accepting carbine orders for Inland carbines on 30 April, 2007. The Inland carbines are priced at $495 each. Carbine orders received prior to 30 April will be returned to the sender. Other manufacturers will not be available until later in the year.
We are not accepting orders or establishing waiting lists at this time.
Please see http://www.odcmp.com/rifles/carbine.htm. We will post new information as it becomes available.

CARBINE AMMO. At this time CMP does not have any carbine ammo for sale. If we are successful in acquiring some, we will post the information on our website and also include it in a CMP Sales Update.

RIFLE BACKORDERS. We have placed a priority on working those rifles needed to fill open backorders and expect to have most of all backorders for rifles filled by 30 April. We will contact customers and offer them the opportunity to change orders if we find that there is no reasonable expectation of fill.

KRAGS. The CMP did receive approximately 500 KRAG rifles. All of these were veterans returns and many were nothing more than barreled receivers in poor condition. Because of other priorities, we crated up these rifles and plan on working them in 2008 or 2009.

CARBINES AT EASTERN GAMES. We do plan on bringing carbines to the Eastern Games. Customers will be allowed to tag and reserve specific carbines for mail order purchase.

EMAILS TO CMP. To improve response time for emails being sent to the CMP, please include the email thread (previous emails - if any). Work assignments at CMP are rotated almost daily based on staff availability and having the complete thread reduces research time. The CMP staff thanks you for this consideration.

Thank you for your support of the CMP.

Orest Michaels
Chief Operating Officer

Back
Top Bottom