• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Price check question.

Laura

NES Member
A friend recently got her license to carry and she's looking for a revolver, (and has for several months). She wants a revolver for home defense and/or car gun. I have a used 686 plus and a 586, new and unfired gun in the safe. I like my 686+ more and would consider offering the other revolver to her. What is a fair price for a never fired 586 (with lock)?

Is this really a friend or is this an acquaintance? We tend to use the term 'friend' for both when a friend is much more than someone you're friendly with. For a friend, let her pay what you paid.

Is this really a friend or is this an acquaintance? We tend to use the term 'friend' for both when a friend is much more than someone you're friendly with. For a friend, let her pay what you paid.
I usually give to a first time gun buyer and friend for as low as I'm willing to let it go for. Helps them get started.

The price that you paid for it, if she is a true friend. That's what I've done in the past. Plus, I'm sure you are going to get to shoot it too!

We'll she's a friend, but I also need the money so I'll probably sell for a little less than what I paid for it. It's a 4" barrel and I'm sure she'll get good use of it. Thanks for the feedback.

We'll she's a friend, but I also need the money so I'll probably sell for a little less than what I paid for it. It's a 4" barrel and I'm sure she'll get good use of it. Thanks for the feedback.
Honestly just do whatever feels right.

A friend recently got her license to carry and she's looking for a revolver, (and has for several months). She wants a revolver for home defense and/or car gun. I have a used 686 plus and a 586, new and unfired gun in the safe. I like my 686+ more and would consider offering the other revolver to her. What is a fair price for a never fired 586 (with lock)?
What you paid for it

Unless he shot the hell out of it
It's unfired and I'm trying to be fair because she's had such a difficult time deciding on a gun with all the limitations, delays and what not. She's been good to me and my parents so I'm going to offer it for $800 which I think is very fair considering the gun and condition. Also taking into consideration her kindness to my parents which means a great deal.

It's unfired and I'm trying to be fair because she's had such a difficult time deciding on a gun with all the limitations, delays and what not. She's been good to me and my parents so I'm going to offer it for $800 which I think is very fair considering the gun and condition. Also taking into consideration her kindness to my parents which means a great deal.
Gift here the pistol and sell here $800 worth of ammo………

Perhaps think of a fair price and then lower it by 20% because you won't miss the $$ in a month or two, but you'll both remember the "sweetheart deal" you gave/she received on her "First Gun." Sounds like a worthwhile bonding experience.

problem with selling at a sweet price is when they turn around and flip it because they could make so much on it, had a friend that sold another friend an AK for a sweet deal back during the Obama Era because he was whining he couldn't find an AK anywhere, two weeks later he flipped it for 4 times what the guy sold it to him for, needless to say not a friend anymore.

Perhaps think of a fair price and then lower it by 20% because you won't miss the $$ in a month or two, but you'll both remember the "sweetheart deal" you gave/she received on her "First Gun." Sounds like a worthwhile bonding experience.

She's a good friend and good to my parents but I also need the money. I'm doing her a favor by selling her a new, quality gun that she otherwise wouldn't find anywhere local at a fair price. I'm going to let her handle it next time I see her. If it's too much gun/heavy for her, I won't be crying. I love it too....

problem with selling at a sweet price is when they turn around and flip it because they could make so much on it, had a friend that sold another friend an AK for a sweet deal back during the Obama Era because he was whining he couldn't find an AK anywhere, two weeks later he flipped it for 4 times what the guy sold it to him for, needless to say not a friend anymore.
I know someone that did that with reloading components, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom