Price check on primers.

It's been a while since I have purchased primers, but I want to say Cabelas was around $31 for every brand of every size when I did. Maybe 2 years ago.

I stopped there today so the wife could try on boots. Looks like their prices have been jacked since they merged with Bass Pro.

The prices were 50-60 per 1000 on all different brands.

Last edited:
It's been a while since I have purchased primers, but I want to say Cabelas was around $31 for every brand of every size when I did. Maybe 2 years ago.

I stopped there today so the wife could try on boots. Looks like their prices have been jacked since they merged with Bass Pro.

The process were 50-60 per 1000 on all different brands.
Well thats depressing.

They used to have Sellier & Bellot primers on sale all the time for $19, haven't seen them for a long time. Not the best primers in the world but great for range plinking rounds.

The process were 50-60 per 1000 on all different brands.

That's stupid.

Mail order, including shipping, handling, and haz-mat fee only comes out to $50/1000, and that's if you buy only 1k.

If you buy 5k, that drops to only $35/1k. (this is based on only looking at one mail-order place, and only CCI primers, your mileage may vary)

CCI on line at cabelas $32

Winchester small pistol $49, large pistol, $32

That's weird

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180909-153433_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20180909-153433_Chrome.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 12

I was just at Cabelas yesterday. CCI Small Pistol primers were $32.99 and so were the Winchester’s.

The federal match/benchrest primers were around $50 per 1k if I recall. I don’t use those.

I buy my primers online but earlier this year I used some discounted Cabelas gift cards from eBay to buy primers. After tax I was paying $28 per 1k. Not bad.

Dont by primers by the 1k
Seems like 3 cents each is about the average. Unless you buy in bulk /sale or promotions. You need to stock up when the prices are good.

They used to have Sellier & Bellot primers on sale all the time for $19, haven't seen them for a long time. Not the best primers in the world but great for range plinking rounds.
I got them for $15 per K. They have worked out very well for me. No complaints on the quality either.

Fiocchi small pistol, case of 12,000 for $299 at Shooters Outpost. I've used about 5,000 of them so far, every one has worked perfectly.

Fiocchi small pistol, case of 12,000 for $299 at Shooters Outpost. I've used about 5,000 of them so far, every one has worked perfectly.

I've had good luck with these as well at the same price. Just did not feed well in my Frankford Arsenal Vibra-Prime.

For some reason these are hard to find right now. Shooters Outpost is out. Online retailer inventory is scarce.

For some reason these are hard to find right now. Shooters Outpost is out. Online retailer inventory is scarce.
SO is out of primers? Seems hard to believe. And plenty of online retailers are stocked on primers at the moment.

SO is out of primers? Seems hard to believe. And plenty of online retailers are stocked on primers at the moment.

I didn't check the primers, but was there last night looking for an 8lb jug of IMR4895...denied! None in stock for 4 months now because (apparently) someone miffed up the previous order). Guy said they have a large order coming in soon(ish) so maybe primers in that too?

Regardless, I have quite a bit of stock...but at the same time, never enough until i'm on my death bed.

Are you sure about that? Large rifle benchrest primers were $61, but just a couple days ago I paid 30-something for CCI standard #200 large rifle at Cabelas. Their match projectiles are about $5 a box higher than ordering online.

This was almost a year ago...… Im almost positive my numbers were correct when I typed it.

Are you sure about that? Large rifle benchrest primers were $61, but just a couple days ago I paid 30-something for CCI standard #200 large rifle at Cabelas. Their match projectiles are about $5 a box higher than ordering online.

i was at bass pro a few weeks ago they did not have a large selection of primers. More Federal in the gold and red box than anything else and no case discount .
i had fun with the sales guy.
Can i help you
"Yes, this all you have for primers"
Sadly yes. Its to bad to as CCI and winchester are running rebates and the store does not have $100 worth of any of them for customers to buy to get the rebate"
" Can I order here from the store"
you would think they would do that but they dont, rather let money walk out the door. I been working here for 3 years and thier inventory profile is f***ed in my eyes?
"Well that sucks i say playing along, i ask him if I can order and have them shipped to NH or ME"
You can try but they go by billing address
" now what about powder seems you have everything but what I need"
Yup seems the norm around here. Floor folks can tell upper management that we had 50 people asking for X and they will do nothing, maybe drop the price of whats on the shelf.

After BS with him waiting for wife to get bored looking at everything with the Kids he says.
"Well they rebates are 20% off 100 on CCI and FGMM primers are on sale at XXX and they ship to mass"
We both laughed a bit and i said thanks and he said thanks for making me look busy and i will tell my boss your another customer looking for what we dont have.
For me this par for the course of big box stores , Everything I want BUT Nothing I Need.

oh regular primers where $3.99 100 , federal match where $51/1000 that I saw. Powders overall where not to crazy $28 or so per pound average. Of course they did not have what i wanted either 2400 or 5744 the only 2 powders I buy by the pound.

Back
Top Bottom