• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

price at gun show ?

hi,
never been to a gun show and planning to go to one.
how's the price at the shows compare to local shops?
for example, a 92fs is about 550 at a local shop.
how much do they normally go at the show?

thanks,

Welcome to the forum ziguan. It's rare to find a deal on firearms at a gun show. What part of New England do you live in?

I am in MA, thinking to go to the show in Marlboro this month for the first time in my life ..:)

hi,
never been to a gun show and planning to go to one.
how's the price at the shows compare to local shops?
for example, a 92fs is about 550 at a local shop.
how much do they normally go at the show?

thanks,
Go to the show hoping you'll find a deal but realize you probably won't. Have a good time anyway. There's lots to see and maybe you'll meet some people.
Take your money to a reputable shop where you'll be able to check out all they have to offer. You'll be able to take your time, the salesperson will answer your questions and if you have a problem you'll have someplace to go to resolve it.

Admission to a show is usually $8, $7 if you have a coupon from Shotgun News for a $1 off. Theres usually a coupon in the back of the magazine a few weeks before the show.
The last Marlboro show I went to had some really good prices, but it all depends on what you're looking for or what you collect. If you want an average Mosin Nagant, expect to pay about $160. But if you have a C&R license and order direct from a supplier, you can get them for around $80.
But there are great deals sometimes at gun shows. I haven't been to one yet where someone didn't leave without a great deal. Might be a handgun for cheap $$$, or a milsurp, or shotgun, whatever. Just know what you're buying and know what they go for before you buy and you won't get cheated.

marlboro show

I suggest you go. pick a gun that you might like to buy, look up the book value, or check the auction prices. Go to the show and see what you can
find.

I foud a Sig 226, a police turn in, kinda rough in my opinion but priced at
$489. i passed and bought one for $100 less in better shape.

Might be a good experience. Plan on not buying anything but you never
know.

JimB

I've only been to one gun show and I'm certtainly not an expert but I certtainly saw some good deals. I saw Walther P99 compacts cheaper than any shop I've been in. I saw an entire Dillon loading setup, everything, for $200. I saw some good deals on ammo - I bought a bunch of boxes of .38 match grade wadcutters for $5/box. I got my S&W Model 27 at a show, after having looked for one in shops for a long time.

Keep your expectations low, but if there's something specific you're looking for, and you know the market, you may be able to spot a good deal.

There are deals to be had, you just have to know what you are looking for and what they sell for in shops. We also know of a few vendors at shows that have shops that we frequent and they raise the prices for the show.
Even if we don't find something we always enjoy going and looking around. Go and have fun.[grin]

Yea, I rarely leave a gun show with a gun... But I have found some GREAT deals at shows. More so than not, you won't. But that shouldn't keep you from going to one and checking it out.

And you usually find good deals on other things...

Even if you don't find a great deal you still get to compare a wide variety without having to drive to 4-5 shops. If you don't find the right price you may have a better idea what you want from your local shop.
Like others have said, do some research first and then enjoy the eye candy.

I've rarely seen and dealers offering real deals at gun shows. OTOH, individuals selling their own stuff tend to split into two groups: those that try to price their stuff way to high, and those that price it well below what it could bring. The last group is where the real deals are to be had. Those will tend to get pciked up very quickly. As iodonnel said, there may also be some bargains to be had if you're willing to get into some haggling near the end, since most dealers and individuals will be willing to give up a few dollars to avoid the effort of having to pack things up, and go through all the time and expense again at the next show.

Ken

Admission to a show is usually $8, $7 if you have a coupon from Shotgun News for a $1 off. Theres usually a coupon in the back of the magazine a few weeks before the show.
The last Marlboro show I went to had some really good prices, but it all depends on what you're looking for or what you collect. If you want an average Mosin Nagant, expect to pay about $160. But if you have a C&R license and order direct from a supplier, you can get them for around $80.
But there are great deals sometimes at gun shows. I haven't been to one yet where someone didn't leave without a great deal. Might be a handgun for cheap $$$, or a milsurp, or shotgun, whatever. Just know what you're buying and know what they go for before you buy and you won't get cheated.
YIKESSSSS!!!! $160 for a Mosin Nagant!!! thats ridiculous!!

Back
Top Bottom