• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Previously Pinned Barrel - Ok To Use?

hyemb350

NES Member
Hi all. Need some help figuring out if a barrel is still ok to use. A compensator was previously pinned & welded then removed. The hole is just in the threads and did not make it through to the bore. Is it ok to reuse? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 229E44BA-4E1D-42E7-891C-39D7D5CFCC0A.jpeg
    229E44BA-4E1D-42E7-891C-39D7D5CFCC0A.jpeg
    501.7 KB · Views: 75
Hi all. Need some help figuring out if a barrel is still ok to use. A compensator was previously pinned & welded then removed. The hole is just in the threads and did not make it through to the bore. Is it ok to reuse? Thanks in advance.
Yes it's absolutely fine to use. That pin/weld dimple is fairly normal in depth, bottom of dimple should be right at the root of the threads.

Thanks everyone! That’s what I figured but thought I’d double check.

92G is right, it’s a scorpion barrel. It’s a bit of an odd setup. The larger thread is for the barrel nut that holds the handguard in place.

Are you just going to shoot it with out the muzzle device?
Looks fine to me. Even if it went all the way through to the bore it still would be fine. You just might have crud blasting from the hole. I have run my AR/M1 Garand with the gas port “exposed” with no issues. Other than single shot….

Thanks everyone! That’s what I figured but thought I’d double check.

92G is right, it’s a scorpion barrel. It’s a bit of an odd setup. The larger thread is for the barrel nut that holds the handguard in place.
So is this pin and weld for compliance purposes ?
If so why did they only pin and weld the barrel nut. If done by CZ because they know the barrel nut comes loose?

Looks like you could freely remove the brake

Are you just going to shoot it with out the muzzle device?
Looks fine to me. Even if it went all the way through to the bore it still would be fine. You just might have crud blasting from the hole. I have run my AR/M1 Garand with the gas port “exposed” with no issues. Other than single shot….
Thanks. I’m putting on a different compensator.

So is this pin and weld for compliance purposes ?
If so why did they only pin and weld the barrel nut. If done by CZ because they know the barrel nut comes loose?

Looks like you could freely remove the brake
No the compensator was pinned, not the nut. I want to put on a different comp then pin and weld it again.

Back
Top Bottom