• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Prevalence of AR15 rifles in "mass shootings"

nstassel

NES Member
Got to thinking about AR rifles use in "mass shootings". According to data on the Mother Jones site, there have been 46 mass shootings since 1982 (defined as indiscriminate rampages in public places resulting in four or more victims killed by the attacker.) I reviewed all of them and in 7 of them AR15s were used. There are at least 5 million AR15 platform rifles in the U.S (assuming each person that owns an AR15 only owns one which is not true). Therefore the odds that an AR15 will be used in in a mass shooting is lower than 1:714285. The odds that a mass shooting will involve an AR15 is roughly 1:6.5.

Kind of puts the wildly irrational hysteria in perspective.

Last edited:
"The War on Guns: Arming yourself against gun control lies" by John Lott was an interesting read and I found it fascinating how the anti-gun crowd twist and cherry pick their facts and manipulate their studies to make everything fit their worldview and opinions. Of course most liberals I know just ignore any facts and continue on with their narrative or jump to some completely different argument. And they wonder why I've stopped debating them when they change the rules of the debate every couple of seconds and just yell over anyone who disagrees with them.

The problem is not banning all AR's the problem is banning the 0.00015% used in mass shootings. If we find those 12 guns we should be safe for the next 30 years or so.
If we get a handful more retards to chop up their M&P's on youtube we will be saved!

Woah the chief! Settle down there with your "facts" and your "logic" that doesn't fit the narrative at all. #triggered #metoo #microaggressions

The "monkey-see-monkey-do" thing you humans do is probably your least endearing quality, whether following "narratives" or "leaders" or what have you. (See my .sig for the remedy. Crucifixion is something the Romans got right, given it's demonstrable communicative qualities. It's a shame they did it to the wrong people. Should've started with the imperial household, then proceeded through the Senate.)

Back
Top Bottom