President Trump gives clemency

jct61765

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MAGA

Curious though why 9 of Gallagher’s team mates testified against him.
This is what always bugged me. You think the thin blue line is something. I can't imagine the bond those guys have. Either he did something wrong, or he pissed off his entire unit to the point they were willing to be known as guys who turned on a brother.

I'd imagine the truth is somewhere in the middle.

jct61765

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what always bugged me. You think the thin blue line is something. I can't imagine the bond those guys have. Either he did something wrong, or he pissed off his entire unit to the point they were willing to be known as guys who turned on a brother.

I'd imagine the truth is somewhere in the middle.
They were probably going to charge everyone. That’s why they gave everyone immunity if they testified against him. The only one that didn’t was Cory Scott.

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
They were probably going to charge everyone. That’s why they gave everyone immunity if they testified against him. The only one that didn’t was Cory Scott.
Well... his wiki page is cringe city:
Chief Gallagher was accused of multiple offenses during his final deployment to Iraq and during the Battle for Mosul. The most prominent accusation and the best-attested to was the murder of a prisoner of war, a war crime.[5] A captured young fighter of the Islamic State (also known as ISIL, ISIS, and Daesh) was being treated by a medic. According to two SEAL witnesses, Gallagher said over the radio "he's mine" and walked up to the medic and prisoner, and without saying a word killed the prisoner by stabbing him repeatedly with his hunting knife. Gallagher and his commanding officer, Lieutenant Jake Portier, then posed for photos of them standing over the body with some other nearby SEALs. Gallagher then text messaged a fellow SEAL a picture of the dead captive with the explanation "Good story behind this, got him with my hunting knife.”[5]

Another accusation was that Gallagher's sniper work during his 2017 deployment became indiscriminate, reckless, and bloodthirsty. He allegedly fired his rifle far more frequently than other snipers;[2] according to testimony, the other snipers in the platoon did not consider him a good sniper, and he took "random shots" into buildings.[1] Other snipers said they witnessed Gallagher taking at least two militarily pointless shots, shooting and killing an unarmed old man in a white robe as well as a young girl walking with other girls. Gallagher allegedly boasted about the large number of people he had killed, claiming he averaged three kills a day over 80 days, including four women.[1] Gallagher also was reportedly known for indiscriminately spraying neighborhoods with rockets and machine gun fire with no known enemy force in the region.[5]

A charge of obstruction of justice was brought against Gallagher for alleged witness intimidation. According to the claim, Gallagher allegedly threatened to kill fellow SEALs if they reported his actions.[2] The Navy cited his text messages as attempting to undermine the investigation, with messages sent to "pass the word on those traitors", meaning cooperating witnesses, and to get them blacklisted within the special warfare community.[5][1] This resulted in him being confined in the brig for a time with heavy restrictions on his ability to communicate, although this confinement was later lessened.[2]

Gallagher was also charged with "nearly a dozen" lesser offenses.[2]

According to the original Navy prosecutor Chris Czaplak, "Chief Gallagher decided to act like the monster the terrorists accuse us of being. He handed ISIS propaganda manna from heaven. His actions are everything ISIS says we are."[3][2]
Jesus Christ

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
HE’S the monster? You need monsters to fight other monsters. I don’t see where he burned alive anyone. They trained him to kill monsters and he did. You do know anyone can change things in wiki, right?
You're saying 2 different things.

1: you don't care if the text is true becuase monster = monster or something.
2. you imply the information quoted is false or manipulated.

If you don't care how bad it is why imply its fake?

That wiki page is full of wrong information. During his court martial, the medic actually admitting to the killing by putting his finger over the endotracheal tube and suffocating the detainee.

Perhaps the biggest bombshell in the case occurred on June 20 when Gallagher's colleague, Special Operator 1st Class Corey Scott, admitted to asphyxiating the ISIS fighter back in 2017, contrary to the testimony of at least seven other SEALs who said Gallagher stabbed the ISIS fighter after medics administered treatment to him, ultimately resulting in the teenager's death.
This information was in his wiki, cited and the cited article is linked above.

jct61765

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're saying 2 different things.

1: you don't care if the text is true becuase monster = monster or something.
2. you imply the information quoted is false or manipulated.

If you don't care how bad it is why imply its fake?

This information was in his wiki, cited and the cited article is linked above.
Because I feel like it.

usp45ct

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've always found the concept of war crimes interesting. It's war. The British surely thought the revolutionaries were not fighting fair. War crimes are determined by the side that wins. Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings killed many civilians, but were arguably justified to end the war.
You are correct that it is war...but the killing of 6 millions Jews and the conducting medical experiments on what is the most expedient method to kill is a war crime.

TLB

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are correct that it is war...but the killing of 6 millions Jews and the conducting medical experiments on what is the most expedient method to kill is a war crime.
Agree, that is genocide and atrocious.

I'm talking about where the line is a little more blurry, between combatants especially. Say, the other guy surrenders because he is wounded and he just killed your best friend in battle. Stitch him up and give him a meal?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The brutal nature of war, it is a war crime because we won. If we'd lost a la Man in the High Castle, there was no war crime tribunal for what the Nazis did. They won and they defined the events.

The act wouldn't have changed, but the criminality of it would have.

As for this SEAL, his medic did indeed take his immunity and blew apart the case from what I read.

The more I read about things, the more the truth seems somewhere in the middle. How you view it through your life's prism determines what leaning you give the facts. I say this as a SME for one single thing really. But I know where to find the raw data. I can look at it and say the Left's view isn't true, but neither is the Right's. I can say the Right's view is 'closer' to the absolute truth. Old Ben Kenobi was a wise man.

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
The entire narrative of OEF and OIF was hearts and minds to discourage locals from resisting. Loose cannons shooting indiscriminately is in the face of that and perpetuates the problem.

None of us here would be OK with Iraqi SF shooting up non combatants in our neighborhood. Don't move goal posts to justify unprofessionalism.

jct61765

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Jews weren't soldiers. Unfortunately our enemy's now don't wear uniforms. They hide in civilian populations knowing we do our best not to hurt civilians.

Dench

NES Member
Rating - 100%
99   0   0
The Jews weren't soldiers. Unfortunately our enemy's now don't wear uniforms. They hide in civilian populations knowing we do our best not to hurt civilians.
I'm not talking about the Jews. And I'm not comparing OIF to WWII. One of these wars was worth fighting. The other wasn't, isn't and never will be considered so.

All US service members are aware that the enemy in virtually every recent conflict does not wear a uniform. This is because the enemy is a person who holds a specific ideology, not a person who flys under a specific national flag.

With this in mind, shooting at people who are certainly not involved in combat is bad. It's bad because A: it's wrong and B: it multiplies the amount of people willing to fight the US in close combat.

The Soviets did what you people support in the 1980s. They set the world record in professional militaries breaking all the rules in a vain attempt to win. It didn't work. And they killed just about every single person they possibly could who even was remotely a problem.

You are a contrarian. These guys did what they thought they had to in war. Their job is to kill our enemy. They are heroes. I don't care what you have to say.
Have you read any of the complaints or reports against him? The guys a raging violent sociopath whos also unironically using anabolic steroids while serving [rofl]

He broke his ROE, violted an impressive amount of UCMJ and was ratted out by his peers due to his behavior, which is pretty rare in SF units.

Last edited:
Reactions: jpm

jct61765

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not talking about the Jews. And I'm not comparing OIF to WWII. One of these wars was worth fighting. The other wasn't, isn't and never will be considered so.

All US service members are aware that the enemy in virtually every recent conflict does not wear a uniform. This is because the enemy is a person who holds a specific ideology, not a person who flys under a specific national flag.

With this in mind, shooting at people who are certainly not involved in combat is bad. It's bad because A: it's wrong and B: it multiplies the amount of people willing to fight the US in close combat.

The Soviets did what you people support in the 1980s. They set the world record in professional militaries breaking all the rules in a vain attempt to win. It didn't work. And they killed just about every single person they possibly could who even was remotely a problem.
You just proved my point that you like to argue. The Jew comment was directed towards usp45ct. Instead of reading what is going on, you jump on me because you need to argue with someone.[rofl2] Are you going to comment on my grammar now?[laugh2] I certainly Dgaf what you have to say. You want to show how much smarter you are than the rest of us.

Spanz

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Trump wins again.
He probably wanted to do this for months, but did not want to put up with the wailing and gnashing of teeth of the left.
But with all eyes on the Impeachment farce, he snuck it right on thru!

Brass ones, about 2 lbs each.

Top Bottom