prescription shooting glasses with different lenses

Ok my father needs prescription shooting glasses but he's looking to find interchangeable lenses. Anyone use any of them or have any recommendations for a good brand Oakley makes some but trying not to break the bank if possible. Contacts are out he tried them and hates them. I think he would need them to see up close and far away as well I do not have glasses I have great eye sight so I'm not down with the lingo haha

Ok my father needs prescription shooting glasses but he's looking to find interchangeable lenses. Anyone use any of them or have any recommendations for a good brand Oakley makes some but trying not to break the bank if possible. Contacts are out he tried them and hates them. I think he would need them to see up close and far away as well I do not have glasses I have great eye sight so I'm not down with the lingo haha

Wont it be easier to just get a whole different set of glasses than to change lenses each time? Or does that cost alot more?

I'd recommend different glasses for different needs. idoktr on this forum can set you up with the prescription and advice. He's a straight shooting optometrist in the Natick area and he get high marks from the members here. I can give you father advice if there are any surgical needs.

I have a pair of ESS ICE glasses with 4 or 5 different lenses and the prescription insert. I bought the main glasses and lenses from optics planet and the Rx insert directly from ESS.

I would like to get a pair of clear Rudy Project glasses with the prescription in the main lenses, but they are very expensive.

Randolph Engineering makes a set up with a prescription lens insert called the XLW

It's a great set up giving you lot's of flexibility.

http://shop.randolphusa.com/xlw-rx-insert-p5855.aspx

The factory is in Randolph, MA. you can walk in see, touch, fiddle and purchase there.

I just got these over the winter. Before I had three different prescription lenses, yellow, vermillion and smoke and it was very expensive to change the lenses with each change in my eyes. These hold one clear prescription glasses behind the interchangeable color lenses in the front. Each additional color set costs about $50.

I have a pair of ESS ICE glasses with 4 or 5 different lenses and the prescription insert. I bought the main glasses and lenses from optics planet and the Rx insert directly from ESS.

I would like to get a pair of clear Rudy Project glasses with the prescription in the main lenses, but they are very expensive.

ESS is nice. All through the army and I still wear them today. Time for a new pair and prescription, but this time I'm paying.

I'd recommend different glasses for different needs. idoktr on this forum can set you up with the prescription and advice. He's a straight shooting optometrist in the Natick area and he get high marks from the members here. I can give you father advice if there are any surgical needs.

Wouldn't any sighting system be within accommodation range doctorbossman? I know mandatory Cyl correction is needed too with any hologram based system like an Eotech (I have 3.5 Cyl OU and it was blurred to hell even at a few inches). I guess with a scope you're technically just looking through another spherical system, so you are technically looking at something beyond 16-20" right?

Back
Top Bottom