• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Preppers will die in WROL video

I thought he was very honest in his opinion, I like that he put the mall ninja mentality on blast and spoke from experience of what it is really like to fire at someone and take fire back. I like the way of keeping it simple when it comes to your firearms although I like gadgets as well, the less technical things the less likely hood of things to go wrong in a shtf scenario . As far as the training goes it speaks for itself as I would think most if not all of us here would agree is a must.

He makes similar noise as yankeeprepper and that clown has been discredited and proven fraud long ago. I also get a feeling he is trying to turn his channel into a profit opportunity similar to nutnfancy. Every time someone says “I am battle harden commando thus listen to me I have credibility” – my nuts shrink in pain. It’s an old speech/debate technique that usually works well on the uninitiated, but a red flag for those who know better.

Aside from this general observation – his soliloquy is full of empty surface rhetoric devoid of analysis or value. Who is his audience? Who the F*** is he talking to? Anyone who thinks cars blow up when you shoot them or that attackers will just wait to be shot or that every shot will connect, etc., etc., is either an idiot or a child. So making a video for them is pointless. And that is in part why he didn’t offer them any solutions. Having said that, he is not targeting idiots or kids [wink] - he is after Fudds and soccer moms. Let me scare Fudds shitless and then offer to teach them how to survive the apocalypse using my commando knowledge. Watch my channel I need the money… [rolleyes]

On his topic: First we need to define WROL and how it came to be. Is it local, regional, national or worldwide? Is it temporary or would prolong for years? Not many scenarios can materialize in a worldwide long term WROL. Namely nuclear war or pandemic. Keeping in mind that most pandemics won’t yield WROL. If either is the starting point, survival will be mostly based on luck. I know some preppers love to wax lyrically about EMP, but odds are that it is either a non issue or localized problem with finite timeframe of instability. So if nukes start falling – the “well organized gangs” will be dead just like you and I. Survivors might not even see other people for decades never mind engage them in battles. However, if the starting point is economic collapse, probability of national or worldwide WROL is nearly zero. I’ve explain this in some detail many times before on this forum. So I do not feel like repeating old threads. At first I was planning to play his game and pretend economic collapse turns into a movie apocalypse where people immediately turn into well trained, organized and armed killing machines, but then I change my mind and decided not to waste time. If he is indeed an Afghan veteran he should know that even there it is not WROL. And that it is difficult to control large territory so the country usually brakes down into regional or even tribal control while major cities are control by “national” authority that usually represents the country on the world stage.

As to his point that one should train – well duh! What an ingenious idea. Maineprepper please write a book so that I can partake more of your wisdom.

I might be a lame prepper but rifles beat pistols, that I knew. Thanks for reminding me the thirteenth time though.

I have never seen any of Jack’s video, but if they are like this one – he is worth watching. He is spot on. For years I’ve been explaining to people that throughout history total power vacuum rarely existed and few times it did, it did so for a very short period of time and in a very small geographic area. I’ve been explaining that economic collapse does not equal government collapse, but rather the opposite – a stronger more oppressive authoritarian rulers.

But dealing with or preparing for reality is not as much fun as playing EMP WROL fantasy games.

Spirko fills my evening commute most of the time, he's usually right on with stuff like this. I haven't watched mainepreppers video yet but jack's video was a good listen on its own.

Spirko fills my evening commute most of the time, he's usually right on with stuff like this. I haven't watched mainepreppers video yet but jack's video was a good listen on its own.

x2, i listen to jack pretty much daily. awesome podcast and a really down to earth guy.

Infinitely more entertaining. But does she always walk around wearing that floatation device?

Thanks Palladin. Seriously, shoes?

Maybe it's just me but I see large 15 to 20 person armed gangs of thugs running the streets and neighborhoods trying to take what they want from whomever they can and a paralized law enforcement unable, unprepared or unwilling to respond and contain volitile situations leaving most people to fend for themselves.

Always expected I could be shot at and wounded or killed and that I would have to shoot back and kill if needed to protect my loved ones. I do so like the flower children that prep and think they are just going to share their stuff and make kumbaya.

I actually caught this before Jack posted anything about it--it never ceases to amaze me how when something is on my mind, he seems to talk about it within a week or two. Anyway, I think they both have validity. MainePrepper I honestly think is dead on in his assessment--most of us aren't trained (or not enough--I'm guilty) and some of us preppers are having delusions of Red Dawn--a great way to get yourself killed. I agree with Deer Slayer there. That said, I'm with Jack in that I don't believe we'll see a complete or long term WROL situation and will likely see short term martial law if a real collapse happens.

Either way, locked and loaded and hoping for the best!

Good vid.

The first ones to panic are going to be the first ones to die. Unfortunately that's going to include friends and family that are unprepared and even prepared folks that underestimate the situation.

Maybe it's just me but I see large 15 to 20 person armed gangs of thugs running the streets and neighborhoods trying to take what they want from whomever they can and a paralized law enforcement unable, unprepared or unwilling to respond and contain volitile situations leaving most people to fend for themselves.

Always expected I could be shot at and wounded or killed and that I would have to shoot back and kill if needed to protect my loved ones. I do so like the flower children that prep and think they are just going to share their stuff and make kumbaya.

He does a shitty job of defining "enemy". It could be street gangs, UN forces, domestic forces. Who knows. Some of those I'm not afraid of, namely your typical street thug that shoots sideways with a Glock 23 that's loaded 9mm cartridges. That's probably why handguns are selling like hotcakes: People are justifiably afraid of being attacked. There's countless stories of mass-robberies, random violence, etc.

Back
Top Bottom