Preppers, what did you forget?

Windex will NOT take soap scum off a shower. Get the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for all sorts of cleaning jobs. And Simple Green for greasy messes.
Tub and shower and toilet cleaners are plentiful, but none of the common cleaners are. I have enough tub cleaner to last me a year. Speaking of which, that can be something to do tomorrow morning waiting for it to warm up.

Recommend some of the non-fragrance bleach for purifying water, sterilizing and cleaning AND an eye dropper taped to the side. Print out the water storage and treatment instructions from the Clorox web site and put everything in a ziplock along side your provisions..always good to be able to treat water if needed..

If someone else mentioned it my apologies.

But what struck me today was this... My wife and I are generally well prepared for most situations. Of course there’s a lot of stuff I’d still like to accomplish to truly be prepared for most scenarios but today while taking stock of food and supplies I realized we had been preparing based off what was our normal use and intake. I never accounted for the fact that our usage of food and supplies would increase as we would be home 24/7.

My wife and I will be fine but when we come out in the other end of this I will definitely change how much I consider to be “stocked up”.

If someone else mentioned it my apologies.

But what struck me today was this... My wife and I are generally well prepared for most situations. Of course there’s a lot of stuff I’d still like to accomplish to truly be prepared for most scenarios but today while taking stock of food and supplies I realized we had been preparing based off what was our normal use and intake. I never accounted for the fact that our usage of food and supplies would increase as we would be home 24/7.

My wife and I will be fine but when we come out in the other end of this I will definitely change how much I consider to be “stocked up”.

Yea.
3 Kids and a wife at home here.
I stock up for what I think is a month+, and I'm out shopping again 2 weeks later.
I'll be upgrading the chest freezer if/when things go back to normal.
The other thing is I don't want to dig into the deep/essential preps/dry foods.
Keeping the tank on "F" is proving very hard.

I would have stored more powdered milk. I'm not sure what the shelf life is, I think the stuff from stores maybe a couple years at most, but there is nitrogen packed stuff. It's not really the kind of thing I think of rotating, but now that we've used it a few times, it's fine for coffee, cooking, cereal, etc. I didn't realize you could get whole milk powder, I never liked skim milk.

We've been getting delivered groceries, every two weeks or so, so milk tends to run out with two grown kids in the house, and I don't like running down to the store
just to. get a gallon or two of milk, I'm trying to keep minimize time brushing elbows with people in stores if I don't need to.
Same here. I got one can but I never tried it and wasn't sure if I would like it. We switched to almond milk a while back and the shelf life is much better than cows milk.

Yea.
3 Kids and a wife at home here.
I stock up for what I think is a month+, and I'm out shopping again 2 weeks later.
I'll be upgrading the chest freezer if/when things go back to normal.
The other thing is I don't want to dig into the deep/essential preps/dry foods.
Keeping the tank on "F" is proving very hard.
Its definitely amazing how much more food we're going through being home 24-7.

One thing preppers with bug-out plans need to remember: at your destination, you might be treated like an invader instead of a refugee.

Yeah, we are getting angsty about the MA plates driving around town, and they are the summer dink property owners. Imagine if happening were really happening and cars full of people and camp gear looking to bug out were rolling up.

Didn't know that. I figured all cooking oils were good for about 2 years unopened.
I use expeller pressed coconut oil from Tropical traditions. The benefit of expeller pressed is it has absolutely NO coconut smell or taste and literally lasts like 5+ years even after it's been opened. I buy it in a 5 gallon tub

Last edited:
Yeah, we are getting angsty about the MA plates driving around town, and they are the summer dink property owners. Imagine if happening were really happening and cars full of people and camp gear looking to bug out were rolling up.

So, they own property, pay the same taxes as you for that property, support the local economy when they're there...and somehow they're not as welcome and cause you to be 'angsty'? Interesting perspective.

One thing preppers with bug-out plans need to remember: at your destination, you might will be treated like an invader instead of a refugee.

I would not take kindly to someone 'bugging out' to my woods or fields.

I don't know anyone who would. it's bad enough picking up beer cans, cigarette buts and dogshit from people who don't respect the property now.

So, they own property, pay the same taxes as you for that property, support the local economy when they're there...and somehow they're not as welcome and cause you to be 'angsty'? Interesting perspective.

It was in context to the post I was replying to, and "we" being the over all mood of my community. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't see a few posts on the town FB page bitching about the out of staters flooding up here where we had 0 cases of infection until we started to swell closer to our summer population numbers.

It was in context to the post I was replying to, and "we" being the over all mood of my community. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't see a few posts on the town FB page bitching about the out of staters flooding up here where we had 0 cases of infection until we started to swell closer to our summer population numbers.
Yeah! This “Live Free or Die” thing is getting out of hand!

Manchester has by far the most cases - 405 - of anyplace in NH. 10% more population than Nashua, 3X the number of cases. Don’t think those are summer people because who the f*** visits Manchester?

Townies bitching about everyone else is nothing new. Average home price on Nantucket: $1.6 million.

###
The Town of Nantucket has implemented a “Stay at Home” order that includes restrictions on travel to and from the island including travel on ferries. Travel is restricted to Essential Travel for Essential Activities as defined in the order. The order contains many examples of what is considered Essential Activities. What is most important is that persons who engage in Essential Travel must comply with all Social Distancing Requirements as defined in both the order and per guidelines published by the CDC.
For purposes of this Order, “Essential Travel” includes travel for any of the following purposes:
1. Any travel related to the provision of or access to Essential Activities, Essential Governmental Functions, Essential Businesses, or Minimum Basic Operations.
2. Travel to care for elderly, minors, dependents, persons with disabilities, or other vulnerable persons.
3. Travel to or from educational institutions for purposes of receiving materials for distance learning, for receiving meals, and any other related services.
4. Travel required by law enforcement or court order.
5. Travel required for non-residents to return to their place of full-time residence outside the Town.
6. Travel to return from outside Nantucket to a place of already-established full-time
residence in the Town.
Valid evidence of residency would include any government issued ID with a Nantucket address, a Utility Bill with the traveler’s name and a Nantucket address (including PO Box), their name in the Nantucket Street list would be sufficient evidence as well. Even a letter from an employer or any organization considered an Essential Business requesting travel authorization should be sufficient.
The travel restrictions in this order take effect at 5:00 PM on Wednesday, March 25, 2020.

Metro Boston, or any Dump City, really. Having a hard time recalling but think I referenced all the new cars parked at housing projects?
Ah, those notorious “Metro Boston” housing projects. That is pure, unadulterated bullshit. It probably comes as a shock to you, but most people live in housing projects because they are poor. Any car is an expense they just can’t afford. But by all means post a picture of all those deluxe cars at housing projects.

This was near but not in a Southie project. Acura rims fit on Honda’s, so....

i-tb4Vn8g-L.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, those notorious “Metro Boston” housing projects. That is pure, unadulterated bullshit.
Lol nope. Trying not to dox myself but I'm speaking from experience. I'm thinking maybe you're looking at the Southie pjs through some PC goggles.
ETA-#9 too? Lol. Those poor poor people in their Lexus'. Us privileged people will thankfully never know the shame of driving around in a Range Rover with (gasp) factory rims!! [laugh]

Yeah! This “Live Free or Die” thing is getting out of hand!

Manchester has by far the most cases - 405 - of anyplace in NH. 10% more population than Nashua, 3X the number of cases. Don’t think those are summer people because who the f*** visits Manchester?

Townies bitching about everyone else is nothing new. Average home price on Nantucket: $1.6 million.

###
The Town of Nantucket has implemented a “Stay at Home” order that includes restrictions on travel to and from the island including travel on ferries. Travel is restricted to Essential Travel for Essential Activities as defined in the order. The order contains many examples of what is considered Essential Activities. What is most important is that persons who engage in Essential Travel must comply with all Social Distancing Requirements as defined in both the order and per guidelines published by the CDC.
For purposes of this Order, “Essential Travel” includes travel for any of the following purposes:
1. Any travel related to the provision of or access to Essential Activities, Essential Governmental Functions, Essential Businesses, or Minimum Basic Operations.
2. Travel to care for elderly, minors, dependents, persons with disabilities, or other vulnerable persons.
3. Travel to or from educational institutions for purposes of receiving materials for distance learning, for receiving meals, and any other related services.
4. Travel required by law enforcement or court order.
5. Travel required for non-residents to return to their place of full-time residence outside the Town.
6. Travel to return from outside Nantucket to a place of already-established full-time
residence in the Town.
Valid evidence of residency would include any government issued ID with a Nantucket address, a Utility Bill with the traveler’s name and a Nantucket address (including PO Box), their name in the Nantucket Street list would be sufficient evidence as well. Even a letter from an employer or any organization considered an Essential Business requesting travel authorization should be sufficient.
The travel restrictions in this order take effect at 5:00 PM on Wednesday, March 25, 2020.

OK, again, my posts were in the context of the original post I quoted about "bugging out".

Lol nope. Trying not to dox myself but I'm speaking from experience. I'm thinking maybe you're looking at the Southie pjs through some PC goggles.
Be sure and take pics next time, so that your contention won’t seem like absolutely pure bullshit. The cars in a Boston housing projects are a collection of shitboxes. And with the parking situation in Southie most of the cars don’t belong to the people who live there.

Ah, those notorious “Metro Boston” housing projects. That is pure, unadulterated bullshit. It probably comes as a shock to you, but most people live in housing projects because they are poor. Any car is an expense they just can’t afford. But by all means post a picture of all those deluxe cars at housing projects.
Youre delusional if you really believe that. Again not going to dox myself but Im speaking from experience. Ive probably spent more time in housing projects in MA in a month than you have in your lifetime. It probably comes as a shock to you to hear that people will lie, cheat and steal to get what they want. Combine this with a system that acts like a funnel rather than a filter and you get people who are poor on paper living in subsidized housing while driving new and/or luxury cars.

I think we've shit up this thread enough. You can PM from here on out if you like, but Im sure neither one of us is going to change the others mind so I dont see the point.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom