• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Prepper apps for cellphone?

I downloaded a couple, like WikiHow and SAS Survival Guide Lite, but I never found much use for them. I've got all of the information in books.

I use an app called prep and pantry. it helps me keep track of all the items i have and their locations - food, equipment, etc. you can also enter the minimum you want on hand and as you use them (adjust inventory) it will create a grocery list. you can take pictures too (helps my husband if I ask him to pick something up) of your items. You can also share it with a group of people so you all have ability to update and use.

The Weather Channel's android app works well.

I also like Backcountry Navigator for when wandering around in the woods. Its basically a GPS navigator (like the kind used for hiking) that'll also pull down satellite images and topo maps. Great for figuring out where you are, whether you're coming up on a road that should be bushwhacked over to or not, etc.

I use an app called prep and pantry. it helps me keep track of all the items i have and their locations - food, equipment, etc. you can also enter the minimum you want on hand and as you use them (adjust inventory) it will create a grocery list. you can take pictures too (helps my husband if I ask him to pick something up) of your items. You can also share it with a group of people so you all have ability to update and use.

I know this is an old thread, but wondering if there any other such apps people might recommend?
Thanks

Simple Weather Alert for severe weather app - free - one location only - here
Weather Alert Pro - $1.99 - unlimited locations and wherever your phone is - here.

Both versions can be put to sleep during quiet hours. I just bought the pro version and am monitoring the kids' locations and our worksite locations.

Back
Top Bottom